Thread: Aftershock Boats

1adam12
    Looking at buying a 27 ft tunnel with a 496. Demo'd the boat, handles well for its size. Has anyone heard good or bad...Would like to have input

PlayTime
    Is this gonna be your first boat?
    496 doesn't seem like it could put a 27' foot very fast. If its your first sounds like a good deal. What year is it?

bigq
    Is it the new deck or are they still using the old one? I thought they were redesigning the top on the cat. I've been by the shop and they seem to be made well. I believe the owner has been doing gel in the industry for a while, at other manufactures, I forget his name.

Liquid Muscle
    1adam12:
    Looking at buying a 27 ft tunnel with a 496. Demo'd the boat, handles well for its size. Has anyone heard good or bad...Would like to have inputThat boat got a so/so review in the latest issue of Powerboat, you might want to check it out.
    [ November 18, 2002, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Liquid Muscle ]

THOR
    I think they have lofty expectations regarding the goals of the boats. A 496 should push that boat in the high 60's I think. FYI

1adam12
    Thanks for the input. This is a newer hull for them I believe. We demo'd it with the straight 496 and it hit speeds of 65mph no problem. It seemed to be made solid. It had a very low plane when taking off, straightened out quickly. This will be our 2nd boat. I know they have been in business for years working under another name but still making molds for some higher profile boat companies. Just wanted to know if there was any horror stories before we bought. Also, FYI, they showed as being a member of the Better Business Bureau which could say a lot about their management and staff!