Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PREHEAT WATER???

US1Fountain
    I didn't have any water temp in my motor last year, 100-120 max. No condensation in the oil pan or on the dipstick. Some small traces in the V/C's. Tons of condensation in the lifter galley. In fact, I now have a brand new $700 roller cam and lifters that are toast do to rusting while sitting during the week. So I would caution about cold running motors. It ain't ok. my .02

Q-ball
    Thanks guys for the advice. I have went ahead and plumbed the 'corney' setup I spoke of above, this summer I'll see if it works. I figure if it runs too hot I can just bend the tubing a little to make it touch fewer header tubes. Thanks again, LATER!

Q-ball
    WET DREAM, funny you should mention the fire thing, thats part of why I started this project. My 18' Wriedt had an engine cover on it when my dad still owned it, a nice fiberglass one with a molded in air scoop, well a vacuum cap over the return line on the fuel pump came loose, or was eaten away, I'm not quite shure, anyway the resulting EXPLOSION sent that sweet cover about 25' in the air and she was lost at sea forever. Truely a sad day. So needles to say the paint on the enging, surrounding carpeting, hoses and wires took quite a beating. But I'm fixing all that now. Just for the record, I had nothing to do with puting that phoney cap on the fuel pump return. ("Dad, do you really think that cap will hold up??")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12