Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honestly ...Would You ???

Liberator TJ1984
    Have a tracking device planted on your children if it was made availible to you????
    With all the kidnappings and murders of kids these days,and the difficulty in finding them .... I would for sure :idea:

cola
    Have a tracking device planted on your children if it was made availible to you????
    With all the kidnappings and murders of kids these days,and the difficulty in finding them .... I would for sure :idea:
    The mark of the beast.

Havasu Hangin'
    If it would help their resale value on Ebay...I'd do it.

Sane Asylum
    If it would help their resale value on Ebay...I'd do it.
    \
    Now I don't care who ya are.....that right there's..........Nevermind......

Mandelon
    Do you think it is a worse problem today.....or are we just more aware of it cuz of the news? There's always been kidnappers and child molesters, and there are way more people than there used to be.
    I remember riding my bike off in the morning and being gone all day, riding off in the mountains or taking the bus to the beach. I would not think of letting my kids do this today.

burtandnancy
    Don't you have to respect what John Walsh said, we have an ankle bracelet on Martha Stewart but there are 100,000 child molesters, murderers and rapists running around and we don't know where they are...

Scream
    I think the problem is worse, and here's why.
    When we were kids, we'd run around the neighborhood, usually without shoes or socks, having fun till the sun went down or we heard our dad's whistle that it was time to come home. We could be on the other side of town and we'd hear that whistle BECAUSE IF WE DIDN'T WE'D BE DEAD! Most parents were encouraged to spank thier kids as a direct and painful consequence to wrong doing or wrong thinking. While some adults have obviously taken that too far (physical abuse, shaken baby syndrome) many good people were a result of having absolute results for wrong doing/thinking. We were inhibited from causing trouble and knew that if we did we'd pay, usually within minutes or at least hours of the crime...
    Nowadays parents are so against disciplining thier children, they don't have the inhibitions that would normally keep those bad feelings in check and keep them from committing any crime, much less the heinous acts that we see today...Remember that it's the behavior we lean as children that makes us the men and women we are today...With that said, there are a few things to think about with kids and discipline...
    1. Your kid may be Gods gift to the world in your eyes, but to everyone else, they're just kids and can and will mis behave...Keep them in check so someone else doesn't have to.. I usually have no problem telling a kid to behave in front of thier parents, but why should I, I'm not the parent...
    2. If your child is running amok in a restaurant, that's cute for about 1 MINUTE, and then it's anoying, keep that in mind...lol
    3. If a kid comes to your house and doesn't follow your rules, kick thier buttocks out and tell them they can return when they follow your rules...you don't need to cowtow to other peoples discipline problems...
    4. If your kid makes a mistake, correct them and move on...Don't dwell on it and make sure you tell them you love them...If they do it over and over and over again, it's a behavior issue and needs to be dealt with...This will save you attorneys fees later...
    These are only the first 4 of several of my beliefs...RAISE YOUR CHILDREN TO BE GOOD SOLID CITIZENS and they will be...Don't leave it up to others to do for you, it's not thier schools business, it's not thier church's business, it's not thier team/troop/groups business, it's the parents business...
    Scream....
    Mr. Opinionated...

Liberator TJ1984
    Mr.Opinionated :wink: well put !!!
    That is how I grew up and my children also, With fear of GOD and our Parents and friends .....
    I would not track my child for life or infringe on their "freedom"
    I just think with all that is going on , I would be a little easier to rest while my 9yr old boy is out on a bike ride if he had some sort of tracking device on him.....he is a well mannered boy ,and stays out of trouble by all means....
    There are just too many people out there trying to Prey on our children that THEY cannot control....
    True , on the News last night a lady was Knocked down by 2 young men who stole her Newborn Baby > that still has not been found < if a chip or something could have been planted at birth ,MAYBE?? they would have been located by now ??or sooner
    Later in life when the kids turn 14-16 yrs old enough to handle things , remove it so they can live their lives...
    this would also aid Police and all involved in these cases

doesitfloat?
    Scream, excellent response..I couldn't agree more. There was consequences to our acions as kids...not now.
    Mandelon, I was going to post a thread earlier just about your signiture because it is so right on! I spent last weekend with some long time friends who I hadn't seen in awhile. It had been about 7 years since I had spent some time with them as a family and the boys are now 15 and 10. Here are just some of the problems that I observed over 4 days:
    15 year old: sneaking beers and getting drunk and passing out
    parent says: "no more beer for you, okay honey?"
    15 year old: back talking, disrespecting, etc.
    parent: "he just needs some love, come here and give me a hug"
    15 year old: just 3 days prior to this weekend, was spinning donuts in a mall parking lot, t-boned a teen age girl in a car, and rolled the truck (alocohol prob involved)
    15 year old: during this 4 day period, police called to say that they were charging the boy with assault for a fight that sent another boy to the hospital for days.
    parent: hugs him after the phone call to say "it's going to be all right"
    10 year old: walking around the public campground with beer and a cigar (yes, smoking it).
    parent: "honey, at least put it in a container"
    10 year old: piss drunk, rolling around on the dirt laughing and screaming
    parent: "honey, you're embarassing us...please stop"
    The kicker to all of this is that the mother is a former cop. I left this vacation so disappointed and outraged by my friends (the parents) parenting skills that it will be hard for me to view them the way I used to. Worse, they don't realize what a disservice they are doing to their kids and, ultimately, society.

Phat Matt
    Scream, excellent response..I couldn't agree more. There was consequences to our acions as kids...not now.
    Mandelon, I was going to post a thread earlier just about your signiture because it is so right on! I spent last weekend with some long time friends who I hadn't seen in awhile. It had been about 7 years since I had spent some time with them as a family and the boys are now 15 and 10. Here are just some of the problems that I observed over 4 days:
    15 year old: sneaking beers and getting drunk and passing out
    parent says: "no more beer for you, okay honey?"
    15 year old: back talking, disrespecting, etc.
    parent: "he just needs some love, come here and give me a hug"
    15 year old: just 3 days prior to this weekend, was spinning donuts in a mall parking lot, t-boned a teen age girl in a car, and rolled the truck (alocohol prob involved)
    15 year old: during this 4 day period, police called to say that they were charging the boy with assault for a fight that sent another boy to the hospital for days.
    parent: hugs him after the phone call to say "it's going to be all right"
    10 year old: walking around the public campground with beer and a cigar (yes, smoking it).
    parent: "honey, at least put it in a container"
    10 year old: piss drunk, rolling around on the dirt laughing and screaming
    parent: "honey, you're embarassing us...please stop"
    The kicker to all of this is that the mother is a former cop. I left this vacation so disappointed and outraged by my friends (the parents) parenting skills that it will be hard for me to view them the way I used to. Worse, they don't realize what a disservice they are doing to their kids and, ultimately, society.
    That is crazy. I am sure those kids will grow up to be well adjusted contributing citizens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast