Thread: Exhaust fittings

John Klask
    I am new at Big block jet boating and I have a few questions maybe someone could help me with.
    1. The 2 fittings on the collectors of the Rewarder headers(water injected) are capped off. What do they normally connect to and is it a good idea to connect them?
    2.I need to do some work on the stringers. Can I pull the engine without removing the pump?
    The boat is a 19 ft.1978 Taylor SJ with a built 454 and a Berkeley 12jf pump.

fat rat
    John, I think they are probally an evac system onced used to help relief crank case pressure. Yes you can pull your engine without pulling the pump....disconect driveline and cover. Good Luck

vidrinek
    fat rat is right. the capped fittings should be connected to the valve cover breather holes via a rubber hose. Moroso makes a kit that includes breather which allow you to connect a rubber hose to them. Good luck.

John Klask
    I guess there is no danger of water going back into the valve covers is there?

rstover1
    John welcome to jetting your engine is hooked to your pump with a c.v. type drive shaft this shaft is splined on the pump end so with mounts wiring etc loose the motor should just pull forward off the spline to come out