Thread: Lake Mead - Temps Up, Water Down

burtandnancy
    Well, its really hot at Lake Mead, between 110 and 115 around the lake, very unusual for May. The water level has dropped another couple of feet, to minus 84, but not near its low of -104. Memorial week-end ought to be really good. Hope to see a lot of Hallett people there so we can talk about the Regatta on Fathers Day and the location of the Poker Run Cards. I'll let you know where Nancy & I will be hiding out this year...

GHTRIM
    Well, its really hot at Lake Mead, between 110 and 115 around the lake, very unusual for May. The water level has dropped another couple of feet, to minus 84, but not near its low of -104. Memorial week-end ought to be really good. Hope to see a lot of Hallett people there so we can talk about the Regatta on Fathers Day and the location of the Poker Run Cards. I'll let you know where Nancy & I will be hiding out this year...
    Water is still higher than last year and the run off from up North has not even started running. So here again, I should let people realize that Lake Mead is on the rise (by +10') from this time last year (and run off still has not finished) and if you go to the dam the water is still over 400' deep and in the lower basin (main body) is is way over 200'.

BADAXE
    Hey Burt,
    We just got back from the lake and it was great. I looked for you out at Hallett beach.

GHTRIM
    Hey Burt,
    We just got back from the lake and it was great. I looked for you out at Hallett beach.
    We are going to be back on Mead in three (3) weeks... Been a long time for Mead... Didn't realize there was a Hallet beach... Would have been nice to hook up with ya'll but my boat is a Kachina.. Oh, well..

burtandnancy
    We'll be back to Mead from Thursday thru next Tuesday (3 day holiday you know) and I'll be scouting out my Hallett Regatta Poker Run Stop for fathers day. Should spend at least one day at Hallett Beach, if I can squeeze in somewhere.
    T & B, love to go to Powell, we do it every other year or so, but due to water levels, we're going to skip again this year. Have to share a beer at Mead someday...