PHX ATC
    and all you other aviators out there...
    You know what I mean!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...persticker.gif

Nord

DaveA
    Ok Nord,
    Current Events Lesson:
    Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when the two guys from PA flew too close to Washington DC in a little Cessna 150, and the Homeland Security guys evacuated all the Capitol buildings fearing a terrorist attack???
    It lasted about 15 minutes, and made Headlines. In the paper. Front page.
    This is a joke. Now.
    It wasn't at the time. But some political lobbyist clowns got their panties in a wad and have been calling for the grounding of all small aircraft. Us general aviation pilots are trying to make a point here that such aircraft are unlikely threats. That's all.
    I thought that the guys on this forum that fly either for fun or $$$ would understand this.
    DaveA

Jbb
    Ok Nord,
    Current Events Lesson:
    Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when the two guys from PA flew too close to Washington DC in a little Cessna 150, and the Homeland Security guys evacuated all the Capitol buildings fearing a terrorist attack???
    It lasted about 15 minutes, and made Headlines. In the paper. Front page.
    This is a joke. Now.
    It wasn't at the time. But some political lobbyist clowns got their panties in a wad and have been calling for the grounding of all small aircraft. Us general aviation pilots are trying to make a point here that such aircraft are unlikely threats. That's all.
    I thought that the guys on this forum that fly either for fun or $$$ would understand this.
    DaveA
    I fly myself......and there are those in the govt that always overreact....but since 9/11 I can understand them being a little jumpy...It was laughable on CNN today where the reporter interviewed a small plane owner who was showing how small the seats and luggage space was......If you were a terrorist ...willing to die for your misguided cause.....what damage do you think you could inflict with a 150 filled to capacity with some sort of dirty nuclear suitcase bomb material in it......or some kind of deadly biological agent ...or sarin gas canisters.....the world has changed....get used to it

racecar.hotshoe
    Lets see....
    Havasteve
    Sleekjet
    PHX ATC
    and all you other aviators out there...
    You know what I mean!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...persticker.gif
    I dont do 150's............. :rollside:

ahhell
    Shot down with a wrist rocket... :cry:

KACHINA KEN
    I fly myself......and there are those in the govt that always overreact....but since 9/11 I can understand them being a little jumpy...It was laughable on CNN today where the reporter interviewed a small plane owner who was showing how small the seats and luggage space was......If you were a terrorist ...willing to die for your misguided cause.....what damage do you think you could inflict with a 150 filled to capacity with some sort of dirty nuclear suitcase bomb material in it......or some kind of deadly biological agent ...or sarin gas canisters.....the world has changed....get used to it
    The question of sachel nukes had come up before and since it was my Army forte to clean NBC hazards up I had offered up my knowledge on the subject.
    Basically these are the smallest and lowest yield nuclear devices out there, they will not level a city but what they will do is cause a decent sized area to become very poor investment property for the next few millenia. Nothing to fear and nothing to see. Have another beer folks and just relax, everythings gonna be alright.

Coleitis22
    I don't know much about aviation or Cessna's, but wouldn't that plane, loaded with explosives, still make a pretty good bomb?
    Don't know much is a good start. It is basically a flying VW bug. Loaded with explosives a good bomb? doubt it. The best payload would be biologicals dispersed at 500ft, crude but could be potentialy lethal.

Sleek-Jet
    Personally I think it was a conspiracy between the CIA, NSA, and TSA since the Washington ADIZ was reaaaaaaly close to getting suspended.
    Besides, there are a far easier ways to deliver a terrorist device than plugging along at 90kts.
    I know where there are rows and rows of flyable 727/737/747's just waiting to for a buyer. They go alot faster and carry alot more weight. :hammerhea

Froggystyle
    what damage do you think you could inflict with a 150 filled to capacity with some sort of dirty nuclear suitcase bomb material in it......or some kind of deadly biological agent ...or sarin gas canisters.....
    A lot less damage than a U-haul filled with same...