Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer wheel bearings?

Boatcop
    Most trailers nowadays have the part numbers for the bearings and seals on a sticker, somewhere on the trailer. Find this and you'll make it a whole lot easier to cross reference and get the right parts.

GHTRIM
    just remeber "WHEN IN DOUT-USE MORE LUBE"(did i spell that right?) :rollside:
    Although too much will cause a bearing buddy to pop out while on the road... Then you can't put the boat in the water or the axle will fill with water.... My friend told me this it actually NEVER happened to me... Well, maybe once,, or twice... But I got it figuard out now...

phebus
    My trailer has dual axles, with big 8 lug hubs. I would like to get a replacement hub, and have bearings packed and ready to go. I have to somehow figure out what exact size hub it is, what size spindle it goes on, and then try to replace it. Do hubs usually have replacement numbers on them? I'd hate to break down on the way to Powell some day.

Desert Rat
    My trailer has dual axles, with big 8 lug hubs. I would like to get a replacement hub, and have bearings packed and ready to go. I have to somehow figure out what exact size hub it is, what size spindle it goes on, and then try to replace it. Do hubs usually have replacement numbers on them? I'd hate to break down on the way to Powell some day.
    I know a few that have a spare hub like your talking about and made it into the spare carrier at the same time. two birds with one stone so to speak

Wicky
    The diff in price you are worried about is the least of you probs.... Make sure you install it right (or whom ever is installing) the parts cost should be the least of your worries.. Nobody wants an F'ed up axle... That's for sure... Been through one (1) myself and ended up replacing the axle. Its not cheap. Kachina Ken replaced the front axle on the boat / trailer he sold to me... Again, not cheap....
    Actually, if you do it yourself it's cheap. $90 bought me a new 3500lb torsion axle, new hubs, new bearings, cotter pins, axle nuts, and lug nuts. They even greased them up for me. The local trailer shop wanted $300 to do the job. Now I carry a spare hub too.

GHTRIM
    Actually, if you do it yourself it's cheap. $90 bought me a new 3500lb torsion axle, new hubs, new bearings, cotter pins, axle nuts, and lug nuts. They even greased them up for me. The local trailer shop wanted $300 to do the job.
    Did I happen to mention that I'm an F'ing pussy and I'm affraid I'll F0ck it up??? I would rather blame someone else if it isn't right... :hammer2: I think it is the General Contractor in me.. "The less Liability, the better"..

Dr. Eagle
    just remeber "WHEN IN DOUT-USE MORE LUBE"(did i spell that right?) :rollside:
    My motto too... never spare the KY er um uh... bearing grease... :jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
    Did I happen to mention that I'm an F'ing pussy and I'm affraid I'll F0ck it up??? I would rather blame someone else if it isn't right... :hammer2: I think it is the General Contractor in me.. "The less Liability, the better"..
    I used to take that route...
    ...until your stuck in the middle of the desert with no customer service thinking, "I wish I could fix this crap." :squiggle:

Wicky
    That's how I feel about electricity!!!

Dr. Eagle
    ...until your stuck in the middle of the desert with no customer service thinking, "I wish I could fix this crap." :squiggle:
    Damn Subcontractors... just like them to leave you hanging out in the middle of no where... :wink:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast