Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Berkeley 12JB-A with a leak...first boat...please help!

FOURQ
    ps. i forgot to mention it seems to stop once the engine is shut down.
    Thanks for the quick reply's guys!
    if thats the case i think it might be the bowl bolts but id do both things explaned to be shure its fixed

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Sorry for my ignorance. Is there a picture that would show me a jet with the terms pointer out such as bowl and transom adapter?
    Thanks for the quick reply's guys!
    Thats not ignorance bud,your learning. Your in the right place to learn You will be fine Keep asking questions. "The only dumb question is the one that isnt asked".

dhall50
    So I just got around to pulling the transom adapter off. The part i think was leaking is beneath the O ring. Thats where the bowl bolts to the other part of the jet right? Well there seems to be a gap in the gasket in the area show in the picture between the bowl and the side with the bolts. I ordered the transom gaskets and hopefully the right gasket to fix the leak. Anyone else have that gasket fail? The boat is really old after all. Is it as easy as removing those bolts and pulling the two halves apart to replace the gasket? Thanks.
    and yes its nearly two years later heh.

atxwrangler
    IT'S QUITE POSSIBLE THE GASKET WAS OLD AND BRITTLE,SO NATURALLY IT JUST GAVE UNDER PRESSURE.YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THE BUSHING IN THE BOWL WHILE YOU HAVE IT OFF TO REPLACE THE GASKET ALSO MIGHT WANT TO CHECK FOR IMPELLAR WEAR!

Keep asking questions. "The only dumb question is the one that isnt asked".
    You mean there's some left? I thought I had asked all of them already.... Congrats on the new boat dhall50.

4604me
    I can almost bet it's the bowl gasket, and not the transom gasket or oring. I had the same leak in the exact same spot.( blowen out bowl gasket). If you have the transom adpter off, you might as well take the bowl off for a look see. hell while your at it, you mite as well rebuild the whole pump, if it's that old. it's not that hard and there's alot of info on these boards. good luck Steve

inwo
    Is it as easy as removing those bolts and pulling the two halves apart to replace the gasket? Thanks.
    Yes............................................... ..............................................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12