Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: proud new papa...

Hustler
    Congrat's Guy's on a awsome weekend. Tom that is one sweet boat.

votech
    congrat's on a great job ,that boat has so much trick stuff it's just amazing

Floored
    I drove to ming for the afternoon and that boat ran hard. Saw some good racing and best of all nobody got wet. flat water and very little wind. And CS thanks for telling me where to find Jim Brock

Wow, chances are if Chris showed at the last event, he would be in second place right now. Wow, Chris really has that thing dialed in. Can't wait to see how the points stack up for him.
    No, Ive runner-up'ed in 2 different classes Jim.
    Im not really concerned about points to be honest.Im focusing on getting the hardware,etc. figured out rather than racing and points. Atleast for now, thats the deal.
    CS

UBFJ #454
    Tom's boat is Really Something Special! Jack McClure, Jeff Bennett and Dave Ebbert went 'Full Throttle' for Tom in putting this 'Package' together ... They applied pretty much all the Knowledge they obtained about CP Tunnels (and that's Alot) over the years. Congratulations to Everyone Involved!
    When last in 'Kalifornia', I had the opportunity to look Closely at the bottom of this boat as it was upside down in Jack's Shop for the final bottom work ... It, the bottom, is Truely Unique ... Very different in subtle ways from a stock CP Tunnel ... and, the Craftmanship, Skills & Capabilities of All Involved Clearly Stands Out and Is Absolutely Impeccable.
    The sponson modification that Jeff Designed & Layed In on the forward portion of the sponsons was installed to make High Speed Shutdowns Safer ... Stock CP Tunnels can get 'Flighty' up on top and the potential for 'Digging' a sponson in during deceleration resulting in the Driver being 'Pitched' is Very Real ... Jeffs Modification was done to address that issue.
    I will remind everyone that you cannot run 'Funny Gas' in either PGJ or the Brackets so ... The numbers Tom turned in this past weekend are on 'Gas' only! When it is decided it is Safe and Time to 'UnCork' this 'Puppy' in UBFJ ... I expect to see Tom running down in the 7's and mid to upper 130's, maybe low to 140's on a Good Day.
    Again, Congratulations to Tom and the Whole 'Kali Krewe' for Building Something Very Special ... We Look Forward To Some Good Racing In The Future!

HBjet
    I don't think you'll find anything Agressor anywhere near that boat. The bowl is "something else", and so is the droop. You can see the weld marks on the snoot...it's an MPD. So's the bowl. There's almost nothing on this boat that wasn't cut apart, modified, and welded back together.
    The droop is a one off custom that is for sure... The bowl has all of the MPD goodies, but it's a Dominator or AT just without any paint. (I forgot which it was)
    Over all, this is one trick boat!
    HBjet

UBFJ #454
    The bowl is Now a 'McClure Special' ... What it started out as, you'd have to ask Jack ... I'd bet though that it's pretty close to what "Hot Tub's" is ... With a 'Few' Additional 'Tweeks'.

HBjet
    ... What it started out as, you'd have to ask Jack ...
    I did when it was in the shop... That's why I remember it was one or the other, just forgot which since it was a few months ago.
    HBjet

UBFJ #454
    Dominators & ATs are both American Turbine Products.

Mike Oxbig
    Is that Guthrie's old boat?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast