Thread: upgrades and your old parts?

jetboatjake
    I work with a local boat shop, and have done numerous upgrades. I get a ballpark price for the work to be done and it has always been close to that. I have had no problems with their work and if any problems do arise they have taken care of it to my satisfaction. Question is what about my old parts, if I dont make it a point to ask for my old parts back they keep them. What is standard operating procedure for this? Any input would be welcome.

Cas
    Jake,
    Whenever I have any type of work done to my vehicles, I always request to have the old parts back, except for tires http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    I guess it gives me a little reassurance that the parts were changed. I don't think repair shops are required to give you the parts back, most do it as a courtesy to show people the old stuff.

DickDanger
    Cas is right. Parts shops, mechanics, etc. are not required to give the old parts back, UNLESS, you specifically request them, then they have to. If they refuse, then there is obviously a problem, and are most likely shady mechanics. -DD out

Chestah Cheetah
    Unless the old parts are used in a core exchange.