Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Channel Parking

waterdog
    Spent some time in the channel on Sunday and couldn't believe how much of the channel has "NO Mooring" signs posted. It knocked out at least 200 mooring spots mostly in the nicer sandy areas and left the rockier ones.
    The businesses along the channel are in an uproar and many of the residents disagree with this approach to solve the behavior and nudity issue. On Tuesday night May 24 the city council will be meeting at 7:00 PM and this is one of the agenda/discussion items. For those residents of Havasu please attend to show your dissatisfaction with this No Mooring issue and for those who visit let the businesses you frequent know your concern about this restriction. I understand that the businesses will have a big presence at the meeting. We need to put pressure on the council and the City Manager to go back to the drawing board to come up with other approaches and not try to legislate morality by resticting the parking. And finally, some of the council members that are behind this No Mooring change have been notified that they are being RECALLed and on Sept 13 a special election will be held to elect a new mayor and three council members. This will be the long term solution to remove them from office and put in place officials that will represent the residents and visitors with common sense approaches to issues that arise. See you at the polls.

callbob4homes
    Give em hell Dennis! I used to listen to my scanner from my shop when I was there, and lmao when the LE's spent more time trying to find bare boobs than anything else. (ok, I did too, but not for the same reason) I even wrote a letter to the editor once about all the trash left over in and around the channel on a busy weekend. It also contained a ref. to hearing one of the boatcops seeing a blow up doll and trying to find the offender. Now unless it was one of those Canadian (EHH) live action dolls, the blowup dolls I have seen are a far cry from what I would consider anatomically correct, as well as people throwing their empties onto the shore in a general direction of the can and LE just walking by. Lots can be done to clean up the channel action without limiting access. Face it, the channel is the draw for alot of people. Boaters to see and be seen, nonboaters to watch the show. Make people responsible for their actions and get rid of the offenders, word will spread and maybe police itself. I always thought it was funny to read in the paper about the town folks complaining about the nudity. WHY DO THEY KEEP GOING DOWN THERE? cause that's where the action is? Boaters are going to have to help clean up their own act also to keep the channel open IMO. Be responsible and make sure your crew is responsible. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

carbonmarine
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE.
    * Can't get any better than that ... :idea:

Big Warlock
    You could persuade all the boaters to stay away from Havasu for a weekend. Just one. Go to Mohave or someplace else. Even if you own a home there, just go someplace else for the weekend. Someone who cares and is organized needs to put it together and have a boycott.
    The rest will take care of itself.
    If no one from there does anything, you will see people leave, housing prices not appreciate, if not depreciate. etc etc.
    my .02 cents this morning.
    Rob :hammerhea

havaduner
    Cruised through on Sat. morning. Was surprised to see that yes, some of the better places to park where gone, and some rockier areas where still open. Unfortunately, by the time we went through, their was no place left to park, which meant two places of business on the island did not see my business. My wife and daughter wanted to check out one of the shops, and I wanted to go to the Javelina Cantina, for hangover relief. Sunday afternoon (2:30 pm) the parking areas where packed, but my buddy and I did find a less than desireable place to wedge into. Another problem I think will be evident next weekend. Some people like to leave some space in between their boat and their neighboors so their kids have a place to play in the water. That real estate may be coveted by somebody else, who decides he/she is coming in no matter what. It could be ugly. Also, I did notice quite a few LE's standing gaurd over the no mooring areas.

boxscore
    I've got a novel idea. How about enforcing the current laws, re: nudity, littering, public intoxication. Instead, the punishment is being dealt out to all boaters, and businesses. You'd think that with the HUGE influx of money into the city, they could hire more LE.

Kilrtoy
    You could persuade all the boaters to stay away from Havasu for a weekend. Just one. Go to Mohave or someplace else. Even if you own a home there, just go someplace else for the weekend. Someone who cares and is organized needs to put it together and have a boycott.
    The rest will take care of itself.
    If no one from there does anything, you will see people leave, housing prices not appreciate, if not depreciate. etc etc.
    my .02 cents this morning.
    Rob :hammerhea
    They are JUNE 4th weekend
    The damn run......
    alot of cash being dropped at katherines

Kilrtoy
    Before we go and slam the cops....
    REMEMBER, they didnt make the decision on all this hokey stuff......
    The city council and their BOSS did....... they are just doing what they are told to do.......

phebus
    There is going to be a lot more piss hitting the water if my family can't hit the beach to use the channel bathrooms. :jawdrop:

Big Warlock
    I will be up there for the run at Katherine's. What time is the unofficial departure time? 10:00am?
    I hope that others from Havasu will join up and not go to Havasu that weekend. Economic warfare works wonders.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast