Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Channel Parking

GHTRIM
    Give em hell Dennis! I used to listen to my scanner from my shop when I was there, and lmao when the LE's spent more time trying to find bare boobs than anything else. (ok, I did too, but not for the same reason) I even wrote a letter to the editor once about all the trash left over in and around the channel on a busy weekend. It also contained a ref. to hearing one of the boatcops seeing a blow up doll and trying to find the offender. Now unless it was one of those Canadian (EHH) live action dolls, the blowup dolls I have seen are a far cry from what I would consider anatomically correct, as well as people throwing their empties onto the shore in a general direction of the can and LE just walking by. Lots can be done to clean up the channel action without limiting access. Face it, the channel is the draw for alot of people. Boaters to see and be seen, nonboaters to watch the show. Make people responsible for their actions and get rid of the offenders, word will spread and maybe police itself. I always thought it was funny to read in the paper about the town folks complaining about the nudity. WHY DO THEY KEEP GOING DOWN THERE? cause that's where the action is? Boaters are going to have to help clean up their own act also to keep the channel open IMO. Be responsible and make sure your crew is responsible. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
    I believe your dead on.... Most of the trash left behind is by "The walkers" and "Boat rental Peeps". 95% of the peeps that own boats and are there week in and week out take their trash out... Although we do get a little rowdy it is nothing which warrants closing large sections of Channel... For me it is BYE BYE Channel... Until they change the parking issue.... Also this does mean my wife will not be shopping in the channel (as she always does) or me having lunch at some of the resturants, Javalina Cantina in particular.
    Oh, well.. It only saves me money..

GHTRIM
    I will be up there for the run at Katherine's. What time is the unofficial departure time? 10:00am?
    I hope that others from Havasu will join up and not go to Havasu that weekend. Economic warfare works wonders.
    See ya there...

Essex502
    Before we go and slam the cops....
    REMEMBER, they didnt make the decision on all this hokey stuff......
    The city council and their BOSS did....... they are just doing what they are told to do.......
    Somehow I don't think the City Council and/or Mayor told the local LEO's to chase the owner of the blow-up love doll! That would be one of those "officer's judgement calls" right?

Kilrtoy
    Somehow I don't think the City Council and/or Mayor told the local LEO's to chase the owner of the blow-up love doll! That would be one of those "officer's judgement calls" right?
    Could be true or a complaint......

Kilrtoy
    I will be up there for the run at Katherine's. What time is the unofficial departure time? 10:00am?
    I hope that others from Havasu will join up and not go to Havasu that weekend. Economic warfare works wonders.
    1000A.M....... They will be at the damn by that time....
    They usually leave at 8 on the dot not a second later......

Essex502
    You could persuade all the boaters to stay away from Havasu for a weekend. Just one. Go to Mohave or someplace else. Even if you own a home there, just go someplace else for the weekend. Someone who cares and is organized needs to put it together and have a boycott.
    The rest will take care of itself.
    If no one from there does anything, you will see people leave, housing prices not appreciate, if not depreciate. etc etc.
    my .02 cents this morning.
    Rob :hammerhea
    Boycotts won't work as there aren't enough people that are serious enough to make any difference. What would work is contacting all of the vendors within walking distance of the channel to inform them of how much business they will be losing if this ban continues. That hits them in the wallet.

Kilrtoy
    Boycotts won't work as there aren't enough people that are serious enough to make any difference. What would work is contacting all of the vendors within walking distance of the channel to inform them of how much business they will be losing if this ban continues. That hits them in the wallet.
    They will realize that very quickly.....
    Especially the pizza joint.......

GHTRIM
    I believe the new "parking" will be boycott enough.... Mayor / city council cut their own throats... They implimented a better boycott than any of us could have organized.. Good job guys...

havaduner
    I've got a novel idea. How about enforcing the current laws, re: nudity, littering, public intoxication. Instead, the punishment is being dealt out to all boaters, and businesses. You'd think that with the HUGE influx of money into the city, they could hire more LE.
    Box, you hit it straight on. Too bad City Council (s) (all over the place) Can't use common sense when trying to solve a problem.

Essex502
    Box, you hit it straight on. Too bad City Council (s) (all over the place) Can't use common sense when trying to solve a problem.
    Common sense gets forgotten when someone gets into politics.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast