Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Channel Parking

LHC30Victory
    Not only is the wording possibly in error, but ususally (in CA at least) the local ordinance or state law section must be on the posting as well for the officer to be able to cite for disobeying the signage.
    I am nor sure if the AZ laws are the same.....

Essex502
    I nominate Kilr to be the victim...ah....challenger to the posted signage. Do I hear a second to the motion?

callbob4homes
    won't work, kilr would just badge em!

Kilrtoy
    I'm wondering if the actual wording of the signs can be a worthwhile argument. It would take someone actually getting cited and going through the entire ordeal to see.
    AS stated very few people MOOR
    By definition, moor is:
    make fast (a boat, bouy) by attaching a cable etc, to a fixed object.....
    SO when you bring a dictionary to court and qoute what the common man would have knowledge of.....
    CASE DISMISSED.......
    This is why I ask has anyone seen the actual language of the sign and the written ordinance.....
    if it is written moor and nothing more, Shit I will challenge it......

Biglue
    It would have to be a stand up citizen for sure. If someone were to try it they better have their sh.. in order. No alcohol or anything on board. You know that on a busy weekend it only takes a small error for officers to walk up the path that's called your ass.

callbob4homes
    it only takes a small error for officers to walk up the path that's called your ass.
    Now that there is funny :rollside:

Essex502
    It might be a moot issue after this week's council meeting. Maybe saner minds will help the others on the council see reason and remove those signs.
    Again, as a property owner in Lake Havasu, I wouldn't mind a little higher property tax for a local "enforcement district" to fund additional officers on the weekends to ENFORCE THE EXISTING LAWS. The "No Mooring" or "no parking" or "no beaching" signs aren't addressing the real issue and hurting the businesses that may depend on those folks in the channel.

callbob4homes
    If you are in Havasu they televise the council meeting. I don't remember what day, but I'm sure waterdog will know.

havaduner
    AS stated very few people MOOR
    By definition, moor is:
    make fast (a boat, bouy) by attaching a cable etc, to a fixed object.....
    SO when you bring a dictionary to court and qoute what the common man would have knowledge of.....
    CASE DISMISSED.......
    This is why I ask has anyone seen the actual language of the sign and the written ordinance.....
    if it is written moor and nothing more, Shit I will challenge it......
    The signs say "No Mooring at anytime" with arrows pointing in one direction or the other, or in some cases both ways. Underneath it says "by LHC city code" or something to that effect.
    But Kilr, how many laws are on the books these days that can be understood by the common man?

Biglue
    God damn, we sound like a couple lawyers don't we? I think it's well worth the cause though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast