Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Channel Parking

Kilrtoy
    The signs say "No Mooring at anytime" with arrows pointing in one direction or the other, or in some cases both ways. Underneath it says "by LHC city code" or something to that effect.
    But Kilr, how many laws are on the books these days that can be understood by the common man?
    That is what judges are for.....
    What does the actual ordinance say......

bigkatboat
    Paraphrased within this thread, the city council has made an action and then it 'splits up' with "indiviual position changes". "I didn't mean all the time"(mayor) and Don Clark's 'lesser restricted areas'. These are just a few points that make the RECALL ELECTION an important issue. The city council 'jumps to conclusions' and 'quickly acts' with NO REGARD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THEM THERE! More cops, less signs, and a real effort to ENFORCE THE LAWS already in place. I don't see the council restricting drunks or speeders on Main Street! (lots of bars on McCulloch Blvd.) The uninformed city council has 'branded' ALL THE PEOPLE who use the channel as "trouble makers". They have made no attempt to boost law enforcement of the area and ACTUALLY SITE/ARREST the "trouble makers". But then who on the city council has been in the channel for more than an hour?

J540
    . Clean up shouldn't be just about T&A
    LOOK back in the day when the Mayor was trying to get the Spring breakers to come to Havasu insted of Palm springs, Because that Mayor was trying to get them out of there. He said bring your G-strings whatever, now they are drive'n it away. Face it not all but a lot of people come to Havasu for the wild fun and Girls. and it brings in a lot of revenue for all the businesses in Havasu, $350 to 400 a night 3 night min,for a place to stay is big money. T&A is BIG revenue for HPD, Think about it $1500 to 750 a wack and lot's of them. F, the trash ticket. Iam not saying let the girls walk around topless, :idea: but they should make it madatory.J/K. We go almost every weekend, and especially on big weekends and i can't tell you how many times i see a girl dancing on a boat going by and almost every boat parked is yelling "SHOW ME YOUR TITS" or just yelling. They should crack down on things but the parking isn't one of them. They left the rocky spots open cuz they know most people wont park there, so again limiting more people in the channel maybe. we can go on an on with this but i dont think flashing is that big of an issue, because my boat isn't getting all banged up from girls showing (.)(.), but it is from people stopping in front of every body or at the wrong time. take the (.)(.) to the sandbar and leave all the fighting at home and police your own possi. If you have a beautiful girlfriend,wife or whatever and she is sport'n a cool suit look'n good and someone hollers at her take it as a complement and keep going or leave her at home. some times it go's to far and then we have to regulate, but if we police our own then places like sandbar won't be closed, and 99% of the time its someone who had to much to drink causing the/a problem.

callbob4homes
    preachin to the choir bro. 100% agreement

Mandelon
    Those blow up dolls are just plain offensive. The blow up pigs too. :messedup:
    Not that I know anything about that stuff.

Kilrtoy
    Those blow up dolls are just plain offensive. The blow up pigs too. :messedup:
    Not that I know anything about that stuff.
    I heard there is a pig lose in havasu that just spawned its off spring half pig and half MAN-DE-LON

bigkyle
    AS stated very few people MOOR
    By definition, moor is:
    make fast (a boat, bouy) by attaching a cable etc, to a fixed object.....
    SO when you bring a dictionary to court and qoute what the common man would have knowledge of.....
    CASE DISMISSED.......
    This is why I ask has anyone seen the actual language of the sign and the written ordinance.....
    if it is written moor and nothing more, Shit I will challenge it......
    I believe this is the code section they're relying on. Don't remember the code section being cited on the signs this past weekend though.
    Section 8.16.130 Mooring in channel.
    A. No person shall moor, cause to be moored, parked, anchored or left standing any watercraft in any area designated as a no-mooring area.
    B. The city manager is authorized to designate any area within Bridgewater Channel as a no-mooring area and to cause the area to be posted with appropriate signs.
    C. No person shall leave moored, parked or standing any watercraft within Bridgewater Channel between the hours of eleven p.m. and five a.m. except upon privately owned property with the permission of the property owner.
    D. Subject to rebuttal, it shall be presumed that the registered owner of any watercraft found moored, parked or standing in violation of this section is responsible for such mooring, parking or standing. (Ord. 86-181 (part), 1986: prior code § 16-3-7)

Kilrtoy
    Ok with the words standing or parked, I will not challenge that......

Mandelon
    I heard there is a pig lose in havasu that just spawned its off spring half pig and half MAN-DE-LON
    I'll have you know that pig was repo'd by its original owner and no longer in my posession.

Dr. Eagle
    I believe this is the code section they're relying on. Don't remember the code section being cited on the signs this past weekend though.
    Section 8.16.130 Mooring in channel.
    A. No person shall moor, cause to be moored, parked, anchored or left standing any watercraft in any area designated as a no-mooring area.
    B. The city manager is authorized to designate any area within Bridgewater Channel as a no-mooring area and to cause the area to be posted with appropriate signs.
    C. No person shall leave moored, parked or standing any watercraft within Bridgewater Channel between the hours of eleven p.m. and five a.m. except upon privately owned property with the permission of the property owner.
    D. Subject to rebuttal, it shall be presumed that the registered owner of any watercraft found moored, parked or standing in violation of this section is responsible for such mooring, parking or standing. (Ord. 86-181 (part), 1986: prior code § 16-3-7)
    Maybe they'll issue some of those cool parking stickers like they do in San Francisco for cars... with the little letter code...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast