Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas in Parker Stinks

goneboatin
    I filled up my truck and boat at the Chevron station in Parker Saturday, and man, what are they adding to the gas there? It stinks, it smells alot like natural gas. I didn't see any postings stating that there was any methonal added. What's the deal?

Havasu Hangin'
    Sulphur? That's third-world stuff...

a little tip here is since i blend az gas,really the only specs you need to make are octane and rvp unlike cali where there are 100 you specs to make before it goes to the pump.so they make is with they shitty components with just enough good stuff to make octane and rvp.

goneboatin
    Sulphur? That's third-world stuff...
    There isn't such thing as domestic gasoline anymore is there?

Boat Ride
    I filled my boat up there last yr. & my boat never run after that time.... I thought i had a major problem....
    so i had to pull my boat all the way home to find out....
    there was so much water in the gas that.... after draining my tanks .... the gas would'nt even burn with a liter be held *lit* next to it.....
    I've learn to bring a 55gallon drum now...instead of towing my boat home

Havasu Hangin'
    Although it may stink...like boatnam said, the important thing is the octane rating.
    Guys (like Hustler) have ruined engines from bad Parker gas (water in the tanks).

NOTALENT
    I filled my boat up there last yr. & my boat never run after that time.... I thought i had a major problem....
    so i had to pull my boat all the way home to find out....
    there was so much water in the gas that.... after draining my tanks .... the gas would'nt even burn with a liter be held *lit* next to it.....
    I've learn to bring a 55gallon drum now...instead of towing my boat home
    did u fill it up at Terrible Herbst?? That happened to me...they had a little history for putting water in there gas!!! :burningm:

JetBoatRich
    Although it may stink...like boatnam said, the important thing is the octane rating.
    Guys (like Hustler) have ruined engines from bad Parker gas (water in the tanks).
    Have heard a couple stories about the fuel in Parker :hammerhea

goneboatin
    No problem running the boat or truck, they both ran like champs. The boat runs on 87, the truck I run 91 since I had the computer tuned, but the Chevron gas is only 90.5 octane. But no probs, no pinging, it's all good. Just stinky.

RiverRatRusty
    I have wondered about that. I always seem to get the worst gas mileage on the way home after I fill up at the Chevron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast