Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ramp entertainment

Nord
    I launched without a plug once! I am stupid.
    Thats some funny shit!

surfer2001
    Why pull the plug for detailing? I've had my Nordic 1 1/2 years & I've never had the plug out yet???

STROKER ACE
    saw my ex and her new "man" at the ramp took him 14 tries to back the trailer in, I was waiting to load my boat he fianally gets backed in, the truck is so low on gas that it dies from the slope I had to pull him out so I could get out, the ex never looked at me but I did see her checking out the future ex what a looser

tamalewagon
    We had a great weekend on the river (thanks Vic, Toni, Jim, Donna, Amanda, Chelena!). We launch from Lazy Harry's... a small 2 lane ramp, and other than the all too common Seadoo that feels the need to take up the WHOLE DAMN RAMP to launch, there's seldom any really good entertainment. This weekend was a little different, though. Saturday morning, we launched and went out thru the channel to warm up the engine. Made a couple passes and saw Vic and Toni were in the parking lot waiting to launch, so we headed back in to the channel. On our way in, we see cruiser launching. No big deal, just get it wet, push out, put it in reverse, fire the motor, and back it out, right? Well, not exactly. These hearty boaters DID get it down the ramp, but it went south from there. Notice in the photo where it is marked "tongue" and "fenders". This marks where they are under water. Problem was, they didn't push it off the trailer, they were going to back it off under power. OK, I wouldn't, but whatever. If you do it their way, there is one very important thing to keep in mind. PUT IT IN REVERSE first. Well, they forgot that minor point. He fired up that engine and stabbed it...... RIGHT OVER THE TONGUE AND FENDER OF THE TRAILER! He tried to save it by turning left......ONTO THE RAMP! Apparently he sunk it launching the day before, because he had the boat detailed, and the detailer didn't put the plug back in. :messedup:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2295dock1.jpg
    All in all, a great weekend... hours on the river with good friends, and ramp entertainment.... God I love boating!!
    musta got an "F" in boating 101.

pixilatedpussy
    That is sooo funny, I am sure we will see more stupidity this weekend!

HM
    musta got an "F" in boating 101.
    I think he got a
    "J" (http://www.bushwood.net/gilmore/happy04.wav) in launching.

One of my sons overheard him say "I'm more of a bike person than boat person". I hope so......

tamalewagon
    Maybe he needs some training wheel on the boat.
    LOL...where's Kilr with the photochops when we need him!

tamalewagon
    I heard he had to sell his photochopper.
    Times must be tough!

I Feel the Need...
    I guess it could happen. I almost sunk my Ultra once...
    When I was 17 a friend and I cut school and took my Dad's 16ft Bristol w/ a 70 Merc outboard (without his permission) to Pudingstone. We lauch it and I was waiting for him to park the trailer when I notice water coming in the back... so I knew that if I could keep the boat moving about 10 MPH that the bow would stay in the air and no water would come in. So I go by the dock where my friend was waiting and yelled for him to go get the trailer. He backed it down the ramp and I drove it on the trailer. We put the plug in and ski'd for about 2 hours and took the boat back home. My Dad never knew that I had taken it out and almost sanked it that day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast