Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Question

SmokinLowriderSS
    My parents started vacationing at Grand Lake of the Cherokees back in the late 70's and I still love that lake. it's big (I think the channel is 27 miles from the head to dam) and deep. I used to see quite a few cigarettes/scarab types there in the 80's. The larger, wider areas of the channel ("Bigwater" arround Grove) where they hold sailboat regatas stays fairly choppy for a smaller boat like mine so I rarely venture there. I have heard that property has gotten expensive there but cannot say first-hand as I have not shopped. I've never seen Grand really ever get what I'd call crowded, even on a major holiday like 4 July.

R.A.D.man
    28Prowler525, your post described Austin to a tee, it is hard to beat, of course I came here to be a Longhorn from Dallas and never left. There are 6 boating lakes back to back on the Colorado River of texas from Lake Austin to Lake Travis to Marble Falls to Lake LBJ to Inks Lake and then Lake Buchannan. 3 small, 3 big, all have lake front homes. Your budget would determine which is affordable. The closer to Austin you get, the more expensive the properties are. It starts with Lake Austin and then Travis where homes go from the multi millions close to town down to maybe 300,000 on the upper half of Travis which would be 30-45 minutes from town. I would think the Lakeway ISD would be hard to beat for your children. A good realty company to start with may be Bee Creek Realty of Spicewood, TX, they will have a very good pulse on lake front homes. I am full of this kinda info and there is much more than can be written. I would be happy to help. Feel free to contact me.
    Oh yea, everyone's comments are right on throughout the State, I am just partial to Austin.

28Prowler525
    28Prowler525, your post described Austin to a tee, it is hard to beat, of course I came here to be a Longhorn from Dallas and never left. There are 6 boating lakes back to back on the Colorado River of texas from Lake Austin to Lake Travis to Marble Falls to Lake LBJ to Inks Lake and then Lake Buchannan. 3 small, 3 big, all have lake front homes. Your budget would determine which is affordable. The closer to Austin you get, the more expensive the properties are. It starts with Lake Austin and then Travis where homes go from the multi millions close to town down to maybe 300,000 on the upper half of Travis which would be 30-45 minutes from town. I would think the Lakeway ISD would be hard to beat for your children. A good realty company to start with may be Bee Creek Realty of Spicewood, TX, they will have a very good pulse on lake front homes. I am full of this kinda info and there is much more than can be written. I would be happy to help. Feel free to contact me.
    Oh yea, everyone's comments are right on throughout the State, I am just partial to Austin.
    Thanks for the info. I just might take you up on your offer.
    I think Austin is where we will end up. We have found a few houses on Lake Travis that we like, and a "lot" in a cove that we may buy. We have always wanted to build a house so the lot might be what we end up getting. We will be out in a couple months to look around. The beers on me.

Seadog
    Prices are reasonable around Grand and the boating is great. Nothing against Texas, but most of the cities are nice to visit, but heck to live in.

taylormanss
    Lake amistad is a nice lake when there's water in it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12