Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil ?

Squirtin Thunder
    S. Thunder, you get my PM? That lady thinks I'm a bible salesman or something! I like Royal Purple, hell I went halfsies on a 55 gallon drum of the stuff, run it in my car and truck!
    The thing is the Royal Purple is about $9.00 a quart and the Valvoline Racing pn#851 is $2.50 and is real sticky stuff !!!

Ol Yeller
    If it stays clean there is a problem. One of oils jobs is to clean.
    Or is it non-detergent ???
    Engine not dirty on race fuel.............you should see inside of headers.......clean..........smells good too when on the inertube

Squirtin Thunder
    Engine not dirty on race fuel.............you should see inside of headers.......clean..........smells good too when on the inertube
    What brand are you running ???

Ol Yeller
    VP purple

Lawler
    I highly recommend Valvoline's VR1 Racing Oil 20w-50. Perfect for a boat operating in the hot summer weather.

Squirtin Thunder
    I highly recommend Valvoline's VR1 Racing Oil 20w-50. Perfect for a boat operating in the hot summer weather.
    Personally I found the new VR1 20w-50 to not hold up to all the stresses that I put on it. Now I kinda freak when I see a 5psi drop. After searching the Valvoline web site, I found that the VR1 is nothing more than reg syn oil with friction modifiers. Now if you remember the Valvoline Racing of 10 years ago here is the answer Valvoline pn# 851 (20w-50), give it a try !!!
    Jim
    You should try the Valvoline Racing PN VV851. It is what Valvoline's Racing oil used to be. IMO the best oil on the market for the money and better than most at twice the cost.
    Jim

HBjet
    Royal Purple 5w-30
    60 psi at idle, 75-80 psi at WOT
    HBjet

DeputyDawg
    I use Amsoil series 2000 synthetic Racing oil 20w-50, and I love it. If I had to use something else it would be Royal Purple.
    I am also an I.P.S.C. competition pistol shooter and I shoot two custom built .40cal race guns that have to survive very rapid firing in hot dirty conditions, and if one of them jams you will lose whatever stage you are shooting and maybe the whole event! I have tried all the custom gun oils some of which cost $10-$15 an ounce, but on a recommendaton from a pro shooter I tried the Amsoil synthetic racing oil on the pistols and it works far superior to the gun oils. I have also used Royal Purple an Mobile one and they work equally as well. I know that a pistol isn't an engine but the pistols probably operate in an even more hostile enviroment and definitely get dirtier and grungyer.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?

diggler
    I'm using Royal Purple 20W50 Synthetic in my DNE engine at the recommendation of the engine builder.

Beer-30
    If it stays clean there is a problem. One of oils jobs is to clean.
    Or is it non-detergent ???
    No, not a problem. It simply means it is not adding to the contamination as much. Oil gets burnt in the chamber and near the top of the pistons. Of course, that gets washed down to the sump along with all the other contaminants (water, fuel, dirt). Syn oils don't "break down" or burn near as easily as conventional. That's all. That's what I like about syns also. The oil at change time is still see-through. Sure, it's gotten some color to it, but it is not near as nasty as conventional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12