Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunk Boat In Parker

goneboatin
    Yesterday around noon down about a quarter mile down from Fox's we saw a ranger hovering around a 70's vintage boat up to the gunwales (sp) with water. It was barely floating. There was an amublance at the ramp at Fox's too. Anybody know what happened?

WaTchTheGelCoat
    I got some pics of that, Ill try to post them later tonight.

Up 4 River
    I am assuming you are talking about thr 22' Eliminatopr Daytona. He is a good buddy and mine and fellow board member. I spoke to his wife yesterday in Parker and he was taken to the Parker hospital and everything checked out alright that I know of. He was traveling up river just by Red Rock when his boat pitched right. This caused him to be thrown from the boat and into the water going over and the side and bow of the boat. In talking to another good buddy of ours who is also a board member and was there said his outdrive blew. He was not going more than 65 mph at the time it occured. They were able to get the boat onto the boat trailer, but the outdrive was completly shot and they were not sure of the motor status. Please don't make assumtions and I'll post details after I speak to him.

WaTchTheGelCoat
    I am assuming you are talking about thr 22' Eliminatopr Daytona. He is a good buddy and mine and fellow board member. I spoke to his wife yesterday in Parker and he was taken to the Parker hospital and everything checked out alright that I know of. He was traveling up river just by Red Rock when his boat pitched right. This caused him to be thrown from the boat and into the water going over and the side and bow of the boat. In talking to another good buddy of ours who is also a board member and was there said his outdrive blew. He was not going more than 65 mph at the time it occured. They were able to get the boat onto the boat trailer, but the outdrive was completly shot and they were not sure of the motor status. Please don't make assumtions and I'll post details after I speak to him.
    Whos making assumptions?

Boatcop
    The gimbel housing on the Daytona was broken, and there was damage to the prop. He may have clipped the rock bar, tweaked the drive and flipped the boat.
    Just one of those things. You either know the river, or you go home with an empty trailer or broke boat.

WaTchTheGelCoat
    I was assuming that there was a boat that was nearly sunk somewhere near Foxes.
    Me too lol

slink
    The gimbel housing on the Daytona was broken, and there was damage to the prop. He may have clipped the rock bar, tweaked the drive and flipped the boat.
    Just one of those things. You either know the river, or you go home with an empty trailer or broke boat.
    Was it the rocks on the AZ side just below fox's ?

Waldo
    We'd hate to speculate.
    Or ASSume!

goneboatin
    Was it the rocks on the AZ side just below fox's ?
    I recall it was closer to the AZ side below Fox's. That's a fact. No assuptions here.

WaTchTheGelCoat
    I recall it was closer to the AZ side below Fox's. That's a fact. No assuptions here.
    I concur.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast