Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunk Boat In Parker

STVBOY
    Any initial observations/thoughts on what caused it to let loose? Glad your buddy is OK
    I didn't appear that anything loosened up it was just the caseing by the gimble that broke away from the boat the casting of the metal I guess you would say?

STVBOY
    The gimbel housing on the Daytona was broken, and there was damage to the prop. He may have clipped the rock bar, tweaked the drive and flipped the boat.
    Just one of those things. You either know the river, or you go home with an empty trailer or broke boat.
    He knows the river just fine and like I said already he did not a clip rock it was not a drivers error it was a mechanical failure!! And if you would have seen the boat in person it is quite evident it did not flip!!!!!!!

mbrown2
    That's too bad...I hope he and his boat make a full recovery.

Jrocket
    What kind of boat and what steering did he have?

STVBOY
    The boat is a 22 daytona and he did have a mayfair hyd arm which was the only thing that was holding the outdrive to the boat.

Jrocket
    Was it the Gimbal ring or the actuall housing that bolts to the transom?Did it break at the vertical or horizontal pivet points?Single or dual ram?
    That really sucks what happend to your friend.Hope he is going to be ok.What color was the boat?

dimarcobros
    I just got off the phone with Up4River and found out about Shawn's crash. Man I am glad he is alright, good thing it happened when he was cruising and not on it. Couldn't not of happened to a better guy, he is always super cautious on the water, never drinks and drives, never gets on it when others are in the boat. Glad he is alright, boats can be replaced but people can't.
    I thought he was putting the areson (sp?) drive on?
    DMB

Up 4 River
    Like my buddy posted earlier this is one of my best friends and I am just happy he's OK. I won't comment on the outdrive since I was not there after the crash like STV BOY was. I also made that comment in my first post because a lot of people on the boards start talking before all the facts are pointed out. It's to bad that people will sit on here and made light of a serious situation. Like I said before he's a fellow board member and has been going to Parker for years. He knows the river and where it gets shallow at Parker. His fmaily has a place right in North Marina Village so he's familiar with the water. I spoke to him last night and he is fine but sore from being thrown from the boat. To answer JRocket's question it is an all white 22' Eliminator Daytona with a blown motor in back. I will look through my pictures and post one later today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123