Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: topock info

riverroyal
    ive never been past the sandbar,been going to havasu for 15yrs.I want to see topock,thinking thursday would be good.Is it easy to navagate?water deep enough?should i go in the middle or???also how fast is safe and how far up is it?,,im in a 28ft magic deck...be a nice day with the family on a thursday,,and info would be great,thanks

djunkie
    Go for it. Its a nice ride. Just watch out for the wake that the tour boat makes.

havaduner
    I go through the gorge at least once every weekend I am there. This past weekend the water was up quite high, so their was a lot of debris in the water. You'll have no problems till you get to needles.

Havasu Hangin'
    Piece of cake...until you get to the entrance (it shallow by the beach on the left).
    It usually only got one lane deep enough to get through with a larger boat, so wait til the coast is clear both ways.

riverroyal
    in the gorge it self?

bunny 166
    Topock is beautiful...it's great and deep through there. Once you get to the I40 bridge, the Topock Bar is on the right....shallow entry, but trim up good and go up for a burger and beer. There's gas and ice there,too. If you go just a bit further up river, Park Moabi is on the left....it's a nice deep channel and it's cool to hang out there, too. have fun!!

riverroyal
    like 20 to 30 mph is ok,just up on plain,stay in the middle,,,not being a wimp,just dont wanna break anything on thursday!long weekend

Havasu Hangin'
    in the gorge it self?
    No, the entrance to Topock Marina.
    The gorge is "mash the throttle and pick the bugs out of your teeth from smiling so much" time.

riverroyal
    so anyspeed is ok,some reason i thought it was rocky and shallow,so weve never been up ,always waiting for soomeone to lead

bunny 166
    like 20 to 30 mph is ok,just up on plain,stay in the middle,,,not being a wimp,just dont wanna break anything on thursday!long weekend
    It's only shallow at the entrance to Topock Marina....The gorge is way deep the whole way through

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast