Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: topock info

goneboatin
    Just watch out for the weeds at north end of the lake on your way up there. Just trim it out and haul ass through there, then you're home free.

bunny 166
    are there many coves or beaches past Topock? i haven't been past the bridge.
    There's alot of them! Once you get to Needles bridge it can get real shallow, so be careful, just like HH said. We have a place very close to there, so if you ever wanna cruise, just shoot me a PM The Lurker has a place right across from NMP,too, and DHO is close as well. :wink:

AirtimeLavey
    Where's best place to launch in Needles? Will be in Laughlin, and may drive down and launch in Needles for a ride to Havi. Got a 25'. Any suggestions?

bunny 166
    Where's best place to launch in Needles? Will be in Laughlin, and may drive down and launch in Needles for a ride to Havi. Got a 25'. Any suggestions?
    Needles Marina is fine. Saw Jack Smith last weekend, and it looks great! They dredged the crap out of it this winter, and the ramps look awesome! I think we're launching there Friday. When are you heading out?? Wanna run together?

AirtimeLavey
    Needles Marina is fine. Saw Jack Smith last weekend, and it looks great! They dredged the crap out of it this winter, and the ramps look awesome! I think we're launching there Friday. When are you heading out?? Wanna run together?
    We're going to Laughlin late Fri., and meeting some friends from Vegas. Prob. be on Mohave Sat. and thinkin I can talk them into Havi on Sun. Would love to run w/you guys if you're around. It's a kids' w/e (shared custody), so we'll be in that mode. Where you gonna be Sun.?
    Also, which of the above do you prefer for launching, parking, etc.? I'm thinkin it's about 40 mins or less from Laughlin?

bunny 166
    We're going to Laughlin late Fri., and meeting some friends from Vegas. Prob. be on Mohave Sat. and thinkin I can talk them into Havi on Sun. Would love to run w/you guys if you're around. It's a kids' w/e (shared custody), so we'll be in that mode. Where you gonna be Sun.?
    Also, which of the above do you prefer for launching, parking, etc.? I'm thinkin it's about 40 mins or less from Laughlin?
    Awww, we're SOL for Sunday....we'll only be there Friday and Saturday; have a "finally home from Iraq and alive thank God" party for my cousins hubby. (It's a good reason to have to leave the river early....) We'll have to catcha next time!! As far as launching and parking, we have not launched at Jack Smith before, but it looks great. Needles is OK if you're there pretty early....parking fills up quick. There is a bad drop off on the right side of the ramp, so stay close to the slips Shoot me a PM next time you're up and have the kids....ours love making new friends, and we almost always have them with us!

pixilatedpussy
    If your gonna go to Topock (the bar) for lunch, you gotta try the Strawberry daquries!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are going there on Sunday...lets meet up!!!!We will be there with some other folks and their boats too!!!!

AirtimeLavey
    Awww, we're SOL for Sunday....we'll only be there Friday and Saturday; have a "finally home from Iraq and alive thank God" party for my cousins hubby. (It's a good reason to have to leave the river early....) We'll have to catcha next time!! As far as launching and parking, we have not launched at Jack Smith before, but it looks great. Needles is OK if you're there pretty early....parking fills up quick. There is a bad drop off on the right side of the ramp, so stay close to the slips Shoot me a PM next time you're up and have the kids....ours love making new friends, and we almost always have them with us!
    Bummer. Oh well, next time, for sure. That's an awesome party to have for someone returning from IRAQ! Very cool. Always glad to see friends and loved ones getting back ok. :rollside:
    Ditto on the kids...mine are very friendly, too. Bummed we missed the family day acouple wks. ago. :cry:
    Thanks for the info on the ramps. Have a great Mem. w/e.

bunny 166
    Bummer. Oh well, next time, for sure. That's an awesome party to have for someone returning from IRAQ! Very cool. Always glad to see friends and loved ones getting back ok. :rollside:
    Ditto on the kids...mine are very friendly, too. Bummed we missed the family day acouple wks. ago. :cry:
    Thanks for the info on the ramps. Have a great Mem. w/e.
    You too,hun. Be safe out :clover: :clover: there....

Havasteve
    ive never been past the sandbar,been going to havasu for 15yrs.I want to see topock,thinking thursday would be good.Is it easy to navagate?water deep enough?should i go in the middle or???also how fast is safe and how far up is it?,,im in a 28ft magic deck...be a nice day with the family on a thursday,,and info would be great,thanks
    Once you are at the far north end of the lake before you enter the shallow part of the river mouth or delta, if you haven't crossed the shallows before just stop, wait until you see a bigger boat than yours and follow it, that boat will dig up the bottom before you, don't follow too close. After the mouth it's plenty deep. Enjoy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast