Thread: Subwoofer Suggestions

bear down
    Wired for sound is suggesting I use 8" woofers because they will fit and look better in my boat.....If I use the full potential power of these speakers will they hit hard...How about 10" subs...Thanks...

rivercrazy
    I would go as large as will possibly fit in the location you've selected.
    I have four 10's mounted in the seatbase of my 25 Shockwave. They fit great and the install looks clean that way. And its pretty loud

Mike.A
    Same here,
    I hooked up 4 10's Friday night and my god man...... :jawdrop:
    They are under the back seats also, looks very clean, they are firing down so all you see is the black boxes under the seats.

shadow
    Wired for sound is suggesting I use 8" woofers because they will fit and look better in my boat.....If I use the full potential power of these speakers will they hit hard...How about 10" subs...Thanks...
    I go with thier suggestions,they are the experts.Another advantage is that Adam is a boater so he knows how to make a boat system work.

bear down
    I go with thier suggestions,they are the experts.Another advantage is that Adam is a boater so he knows how to make a boat system work.
    I am thinking that too...Adam will be doing my install...initially I thought it would be Jeff but Adam seems to be the man....dropped off the boat this morning...They seem like a top shop for sure!

shadow
    Adam and Jeff both worked on my system and i'm on my 4th season and it rocks!!! I'm very pleased with thier work to say the least.Not too many i've ran across that are louder or better sounding.

ROZ
    People don't think anything of 6.5" subs either, but I can personally attest to just the opposite...
    As long as you've expressed to Adam or Jeff what your expectations are, I'd go along with their recomendation. Chance is that there is a reason they're bidding an 8" driver...

bear down
    Chance is that there is a reason they're bidding an 8" driver...
    Clarify please..

ROZ
    Clarify please..
    Only saying that sometimes the vehicle(no matter what it is) will dictate what type of components you use unless you have a money tree in your backyard to have a system fabricated to what you want...
    If you want 12's but can only fit 10's in the given location, you 'll have to go with 10's or smaller.... This may be the case? Your interior is a liner with molded in front and back seat bases?

bear down
    Only saying that sometimes the vehicle(no matter what it is) will dictate what type of components you use unless you have a money tree in your backyard to have a system fabricated to what you want...
    If you want 12's but can only fit 10's in the given location, you 'll have to go with 10's or smaller.... This may be the case? Your interior is a liner with molded in front and back seat bases?
    You are right...Molded interior seats/liner and same for the rear bench.