Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Alternator 911*

HM
    You're right. I didn't want to low ball him though :220v:
    Also I notice you don't have an engine cover. Aren't most of the "marine" specifications meant to deal with vapor build up under the hatch?? Which may explain why you have had great results from the non marine stuff.
    mirvin
    The law applies to all boats, but open boats do have better circulation....most of the time.

mirvin
    The law applies to all boats, but open boats do have better circulation....most of the time.
    When did you get the Campbell?? THat thing is sweet.
    Ok back to "marine parts 101".
    mirvin

Deano
    I have a brand new 90 amp Ill sell you for 200

HM
    OH, and if you sell your boat with non-marine parts....you can/will be held liable unless you have a sales contract that states the improper parts and the new owner agrees NOT to drive it until he replaces the parts.
    If you don't agree, call Progressive and tell them the situation and when they stop laughing, they will let you know if they will insure you or not. :wink:

Dr. Eagle
    You don't want to be doomed....
    I just found my reciept. $92.01 for R&R of a marine alternator. Mines for a small block and I'm not running any big electronics so your's might cost more depending on amperage.....I think
    ROTEX - 310-323-5710
    Nah I wasn't talking about the $$$ I was talking about the marine vs. automotive question. Honestly I figured a rebuild would be around $100...

HM
    When did you get the Campbell?? THat thing is sweet.
    Ok back to "marine parts 101".
    mirvin
    I have had it since 2003 - that pic is at the CBBB II (2003), but my dad owned it for 10 years prior.
    oh yeah, back to the marine vs....I mean 1 wire alternator.

Hallett19
    How in GOD'S GOOD NAME AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THIS F-ING PULLEY OFF !?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!??!!? http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...128Picture.jpg
    Between my radiator leaking today, my check engine light coming on saying my coil is malfunctioning........... GRRRRR@#$#@%@
    So I went and got the pep-boys warranty alternator, see if I can get another season out of it before I get a new marine one.
    But back to my question, how am I supposed to get this thing off ? I cant fit a wrench, a ratchet with a allen wrench, ?? Do I need a special tool ??? My day can only get shittier from here on out so anything will help !!!

Hallett19
    ttt.... I need to get this done tonight, I wont have time later this week to do this !! :cry:

Froggystyle
    I would personally go for the marine version with a closed hatch and an older boat, but....
    If you can stop the pulley from moving you can usually turn the nut with a socket.

HM
    Yah, those nuts can be tough to get off (no wise cracks from ....well, from me.)
    I put an allen wrench in a vice and then put the alternator on the allen wrench and then use the right size wrench. I think I used cuprinol (liquid copper) to help loosen the nut, and I think I bought the wrench as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast