Friday afternoon I get a call from someone and was told there was a bad motorcycle wreck about a 1/4 mile from my shop, and the guy was asking for him to call me. Turns out it was a good friend of mine. He took a turn too wide, got into some loose gravel on the shoulder and ran through some posts with that thick cable that is strung through the posts. Why they have that there, I don't know... but instead of crashing the bike and walking away, the cable sandwiched his leg between it and the bike, and he lost that leg just below the knee. They airlifted him to the hospital but couldn't save his leg. He is an awesome strongwilled person and I'm sure he will come out of this just fine. At least he didn't lose his life, which leads me to Sunday afternoon. We were all out at the lake with a few boats. Around 5pm my nephew takes two of his friends for a ride. My son and my girlfriend were supposed to go along also, but certain circumstances at the time didn't allow it to happen. There are a number of witnesses and all the stories match up pretty close. They were running along around 40mph, the two passengers were sitting on top of the rear sundeck, instead of in the seat. The boat hit a couple of large wakes and pitched the boat to the side, and the other two were thrown overboard. Anyway, to make a long story short, one of them, Brian Thomas, never came to the surface. He was only 20 years old and one super nice awesome person. Divers are still searching but have found nothing. Me, my son, my nephews, and needless to say his friends and family are devastated. I'm just sitting here wondering why things like this have to happen to such good people, it's just not right...