Thread: Who Wrenches On Your O/B?

PurplePoison
    I was recently told by the "o/b technician" at Newport Boats, that in the near future I should replace my upper motor mounts. I am semi mechanically inclined and was wonderin if I should try to do it myself? I also need to replace my steering cables. How tough a job is that?Any opinions on hydraulic steering versus cable style? Back to my original ?, where do you guys take your boats? I am located in beautiful Lake Elsinore. Thanx Fellas

HocusPocus
    the boat doctor in lake havasu. from what i understand he doesn't do any mods or performace tricks... he just makes them run forever.

STV_Keith
    I have rigged/de-rigged my boat completely at one point. Not that hard really. The cables are just a matter of pulling them off the steering head, and routing the new ones in. Depends on what kind of boat as to what the difficulty might be.

DUSTINU
    Johns custom Marine
    Al Stoker... the man

riverbound
    Johns custom Marine
    Al Stoker... the man
    Same here.

Pro Max
    Simon Motorsports works on my 300. I highly recomend him. Tell him Scott sent you 760-440-9334. I live in LE also what kind of wavker do you have ?

Towndrunk
    Get a manual and do it yourself. It's not hard at all and you'll have the satisfacton of knowing what you're talking about in the future.
    TD

Burley1
    No one That is why I bought outboards