Thread: Drive -vs- Thru-hull water pickup?

bigd1
    I've got a thru-hull water pickup for engine cooling now. I'm switching to a bravo that has the low water pickup. I've been told that you can plumb the water pickup back through the transom and dump it top of the drive like a shower. Anyone done this?

HP350SC
    I guess you could get one of those angled dumps from Teague, and have it exit the center of transom above the drive. Personally, I would run a shower instead of drilling a hole in the transom.

Craig
    Are you saying use the water pick-up in the lower to just feed the shower? If so, that's what I did. Only I blocked of the part inside the transom and just drilled a hole in the side of the case where the water jacket is. Tapped it and ran an A/N fitting and hose to the to of the drive for cooling. You can just see it on the side of the case in this picture.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...520/140tab.jpg

bigd1
    Yeah - that's what I'm saying. My drive already has a shower, but I wanted to either block (not an option I assume) or plumb the low water pickup to dump back onto the top of the drive, or just dump out the transom. Glad others are havng success with this.

acatitude
    maybe evryone already does this but i have thru hull pickup and drive shower and zI run my chiller exit and exhaust (dry exhaust)water out back over drive instead of out side.