Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

MagicMtnDan
    LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles Police Department officer faces charges, including operating a boat while under the influence, after allegedly crashing a boat into a personal watercraft.
    Officer David Guzman (pictured, left) faces charges of boating under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident without rendering aid.
    Two people aboard the personal watercraft were injured in the crash Saturday on Lake San Antonio in Monterey County, where Guzman was arrested this weekend. Authorities said Guzman was piloting a 20-foot speedboat.
    An 18-year-old passenger on the personal watercraft suffered serious injuries. He suffered injuries to his vertebrae, pelvis, spleen and liver. Surgery was scheduled for Monday.
    The operator, a 19-year-old man, suffered minor injuries
    "He was arrested for driving under the influence, under the Harbor And Safety Code, for driving a vessel while intoxicated" said Sgt. Catherine Plows of the LAPD. "Officer Guzman is assigned to home, pending further investigation. This investigation is in its infancy. We should not rush to judgement."
    The LAPD is conducting an internal investigation.
    If felony charges in the criminal case are filed against the nine-year veteran, he must turn in his gun, badge and identification. He would then be relieved from duty.
    http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0524/4522244_320X240.jpg

Kilrtoy
    Dan you are late....
    this thread is already up/......

HM
    Officer David Guzman (pictured, left) faces charges of boating under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident without rendering aid.
    http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0524/4522244_320X240.jpg
    leaving the scene of an accident (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3...r=freakout.mp3)

Beer-30
    Yikes.

Debbolas
    It's on the channel 4 news now :idea:

little rowe boat
    It will be interesting to see what if anything happens to this Lapd. officer.
    I know recently, in another So. Cal. police department that an off duty officer was driving under the influence t/c'ed left the scene hit and run t/c'ed again causing some injury to to the occupants of the other vehicle,the officer was arrested. Mother f'ed the officers from the arresting agency,the officer was then released to their LT.from their own agency.The DA dropped the charges and the officer was never disciplined.

Biglue
    NO this guy is as good as hung in my opinion. I don't think that they would let him out of anything. With all the attention to officer incolved shootings in LA lately, letting this officer off the hook will further promote people believing that cops are untouchable. Accidents happen, but I think this guy f'd up at the wrong time......as a cop. Just my .02

Biglue
    Just out of curiousity, what would have happened to him if he stayed at the scene, DUI? Would he still lose his job?
    I'm sure he would be severely pusnished and possible charged with the dui and whatever bodily harm charges. I don't know if he would have been fired. At this point he should though. He should have never left the scene. He is a cop, a person who the public relies on WTF. He pretty much left someone for dead. You know that in certain parts of the river that that are isolated that is exactly what would of happened.

1978 Rogers
    "Officer Guzman is assigned to home, pending further investigation. This investigation is in its infancy. We should not rush to judgement." Is this like PAID administrative leave. Great example he set here. I hope he gets it. Just my opinion.

Deano
    eventhough I think he should burn for running over a PWC and leaving the scene (alot of guys here talk about doing the same thing) Should he loose his job for something he did off duty?
    Deano <---walkin a fine line

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast