Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

Kilrtoy
    So an officer in LAPD can make anywhere from $8k-$10k in 22 days? That translates out to almost $80k per year. WOW. Didn't realize it could get that high.
    here is there pay
    CLASS CODE: 2214
    OPEN DATE: 07-01-88
    CLOSE DATE: Continuous
    JOB TITLE: POLICE OFFICER
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ANNUAL SALARY: $49,152 - $65, 981
    A starting salary above the minimum may be available based on education and/or law enforcement experience.

LOWRIVER2
    Well, since K toy wants to talk salaries:
    LAPD is the most understaffed big city PD in the nation. Because of that, we have overtime to make up for staffing. The consent decree policies add a lot of paperwork and related overtime as well.
    A first year cop in a busy division in the south bureau can expect to make 15-17k over whatever his base salary is, that's also due to no night court (ex.=morning watch ofcr. gets off at 0730, has to be at court at 0830-1200), then back to regular watch at 1800. Turn around time can sometimes be imposed as well when an ofcr. has to return to work without 8 hours down time.
    Most divisions have O/T shifts available seven days a week.
    Yes, you'll never hear me say I make too little. Never complained about pay here. But remember, it's not what you earn, it's what you keep and what you do with it that counts.
    Oh, and for those in the construction industry who think we get paid too much. I just learned of union construction rates for certain super 10 haulers in Ca.
    $100/hr. with double, triple time rates too? Pretty nice. We only go one and one half for our O/T. Any used super 10's for sale? I'm ready to buy one and quit my LAX O/T! LOL. Bobcat operators are making nice coin too with little overhead.

NashvilleBound
    Before leaving San Diego I sold part of my concrete pumping business to a SD Sherriff (actaully dispatcher) I am guessing he's making about $100 an hour on his "off" days. Now he's bringing more Sherriff buddies in and I think is going to expand. Not too bad for off days.....

LOWRIVER2
    Sweet!
    Bob Teague was a firefighter who started making stuff for the rigs. We got contractors, real estate guys, civil law attorneys, etc. Scratch is scratch/lol.

NashvilleBound
    Sweet!
    Bob Teague was a firefighter who started making stuff for the rigs. We got contractors, real estate guys, civil law attorneys, etc. Scratch is scratch/lol.
    Speaking of Bob...I talked to him last night. He's on his way to France right about now....THAT BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must be rough, but someone has to do it.

HOSS
    That phuc oughta do time for leaving the scene. Guy coulda drowned. We could stick his hand inside of my RXP pump.

LAPII
    Hey LR2, the school copper is about right we only make around $40K a year. :wink: And I been reading the thread, but not worth responding to. Because it involves LAPD, and you know no one is going to show mercy here on the boards even though the guy was off-duty and not reprensenting LAPD at the time.

Biglue
    Hey LR2, the school copper is about right we only make around $40K a year. :wink: And I been reading the thread, but not worth responding to. Because it involves LAPD, and you know no one is going to show mercy here on the boards even though the guy was off-duty and not reprensenting LAPD at the time.
    Bro if it was one of us f'n up in place of that cop and you were on duty, how would you look at us? Is that a dogue de bardeaux in your avatar?

topless
    I been reading the thread, but not worth responding to. Because it involves LAPD, and you know no one is going to show mercy here on the boards even though the guy was off-duty and not reprensenting LAPD at the time.Show MERCY to a drunk who leaves the scene of an accident????? WTF???? Are you on drugs or something? You make me really question the integrity of the LAPD right about now. I guess you must be in HIS league.........above the law. I don't give a flying F*** who the hell he works for, he should pay for his stupidity. :hammerhea

Mrs.Racer277
    OMG when the hell do cops ever show any Mercy.
    If you want an example go look at the Topock accident thread and show me one cop on there that showed mercy.
    Cop or not what he did was WRONG and he needs to be punished. :hammerhea