Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

RiverDave
    He should be treated just like anyone else.
    Just because he is a cop doesnt mean he get away with it nor should he be punished harder than anyone else.
    I get tired of hearing people say, "He is a cop and should know better". Lets face it, we all know better.
    This accident had nothing to do with his job as a police officer, so it should be
    irrelevant.
    Interesting... California passed a law that was "supposedly" largely supported by the LEO community. The law states that if you have a DUI, and someone else gets a DUI in your vehicle (they are driving your vehicle) with you in it, then not only do they get a DUI, but you as a passenger get a SECOND DUI, because "The person with the initial DUI should've known better." Interesting, I would think the guys that uphold/enforce the laws should know better as well?
    RD

RiverDave
    Were the articles written by the same reporters?
    I wouldn't even pretend to know..
    RD

mbrown2
    Just because he is a cop doesnt mean he get away with it nor should he be punished harder than anyone else.
    I get tired of hearing people say, "He is a cop and should know better". Lets face it, we all know better.
    This accident had nothing to do with his job as a police officer, so it should be
    irrelevant.
    Wow, I respect your view....but do see it differently....He should held to a higher standard since he was sworn to serve and protect....I was not sworn to serve and protect...

mirvin
    irrelevant.
    WHat I'm saying is that NO WAY should he still be an officer of the law. Hells no.
    Teachers loose their jobs over what they do on their spare time even if it's not illegal. There's a certain expectation of behavior that come with public duty. THat's all I'm getting at.
    mirvin

NashvilleBound
    ....I was not sworn to serve and protect...
    Thats not what I was told.....

slink
    Interesting... California passed a law that was "supposedly" largely supported by the LEO community. The law states that if you have a DUI, and someone else gets a DUI in your vehicle (they are driving your vehicle) with you in it, then not only do they get a DUI, but you as a passenger get a SECOND DUI, because "The person with the initial DUI should've known better." Interesting, I would think the guys that uphold/enforce the laws should know better as well?
    RD
    Dave, your going to have to show me a section on this one......15 yrs on never heard of this one.

mirvin
    Dave, your going to have to show me a section on this one......15 yrs on never heard of this one.
    How dare you sir!!! I take sever umbridge.......
    mirvin :notam:

ROZ
    What a crock of shit.. I'm Sorry, but what a crock of shit.
    Even the wording on the article is different becuase it's a cop! Remember the guy in the Lavey that ran over the mexican guy on Parker and fled the scene? Go read that article, it sure as shit doesn't say anything about an investigation being in it's infancy and not to jump to conclusions.. It talks about the victims hobbies, family, and what he did on sunday afternoons.. I wish somebody would bring it back up to the top so you could read them side by side.
    They didn't even bother saying "Alcohol was a factor" in the collision.. Just that he was arrested for DUI later.
    No offense, but if this guy has EVER written a DUI/OUI or any kind of impairment ticket that was LESS THEN what he just go popped for, they oughta string him up by his nuts and then apply voltage.
    RD
    I bet you'd like to kick him in the junk, wouldn't you....

Biglue
    What's up Mirvin? Whereabouts in Torrance do you live. I'm in Carson? I know I know.......Sorry for the distraction guys. He's practically my neighbor.

RiverDave
    From what I understand it went into effect this year. I will try to get a section # for you at one of my next stupid classes..
    RD

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast