Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

uclahater
    If the crime was stiffer for leaving the scene than it was for a DUI than this would no longer be a problem!!! I know of a man that fled the scene after killing 2, and severly injuring 1, and he only got 1 year because they couldnt prove he was drunk!!! If he would have stayed there he would have gotten a minimum of 5 to 10 years so he was rewarded for fleeing the sceene.
    I just dont understand why people have to drink, and opporate anything. I understand that partying is fun, but cant you guys rotate days, and always have someone sober. Why is this so difficult!!! Can someone please explain why this is so hard

mirvin
    Biglou, I sent you a pm.
    UCLAHATER, here's the scoop. People think they are the exception to the rule. THey think THEY can handle it and that THEY arent going to cause an accident.
    I can't say I haven't been guilty of this in the past myself.
    mirvin

lucky
    From what I understand it went into effect this year. I will try to get a section # for you at one of my next stupid classes..
    RD
    hey dave -- i wonder if this was comp beer ?

H20bug
    1.) can someone PLEASE post the oath that ALL police officers take!!!
    2.) What does the lapd "Code of conduct" say concerning it's officers behavior.
    just curious!! :idea:

Kilrtoy
    Give me a break, this guy is done, he will be punished worse than anyone on here will be, so what do you need ethics posted for.....

Kilrtoy
    I was gone say, ask them for the code of conduct..
    But a few will get their feeling hurt... So I took it down

H20bug
    exactly as I stated...curious. I understand he's a human being, capable of making a poor judgement call.

SHOTKALLIN
    He left the scene of a serious accident with injuries. Drunk or sober, that is why he will lose his job. Cops get d.u.i.'s all the time. D.U.I.'s dont get you fired. They are more like a little speed bump in your career. It's all about who you play golf with. L.A. County had a Commander who was promoted to Chief after leading the CHP on a little pursuit while D.U.I. :idea: These sorta things don't always make the news.

Lacolaw
    Wow, I respect your view....but do see it differently....He should held to a higher standard since he was sworn to serve and protect....I was not sworn to serve and protect...
    He was sworn to protect and to serve in the performance of his job.
    When he is off duty, he isnt required to serve and protect anyone. If thats what you expect then police officers should be paid 24hrs a day. When I am off duty I am not protecting anyone except for my family.
    It sounds like you are saying that there should be stricter laws for Police officers then for the general public. Thats ridiculous. I agree that if its true, he should be punished (which may result in the loss of his job), but he should be held to the same standard as everyone else.
    I would agree that if a Police officer is charged with a crime in the performance of his duties, then it does warrant a stricter penalty. That is not the case here.

SHOTKALLIN
    Most people involved in a similar situation would not lose thier job, career, house, and how ever much $$$ he will be sued for in civil court.
    Most people will make out like a bandit like the guy who fled the scene in Parker to go home, sober up, and lawyer up. And he killed someone.
    just my .02

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast