Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

Kilrtoy
    Most people involved in a similar situation would not lose thier job, career, house, and how ever much $$$ he will be sued for in civil court.
    Most people will make out like a bandit like the guy who fled the scene in Parker to go home, sober up, and lawyer up. And he killed someone.
    just my .02
    RUSH was his name and that is my exact point.......

slink
    I was a Marine. I was on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Don't cops always carry their gun? Doesn't that essentially make them "on duty" 24/7?
    Bob, my SW brother, gonna have to disagree with ya on this one......Off duty, unless it comes toward me, I'll be the best damn witness you've ever seen.

H20bug
    Lacolaw,
    I completely agree, and I am not trying to be aggravating, but are they not required, even off duty , not to engage in any behavior that could bring discredit, sullie themselves or their department?
    seriously, not trying to be an ass...just curious

Lacolaw
    I was a Marine. I was on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Don't cops always carry their gun? Doesn't that essentially make them "on duty" 24/7?
    I got it. He should also be charged with drinking on duty.
    Give me a break.

Biglue
    Hey Locolaw. I hear what you are saying, but there is a double standard there. Everyone here has heard of people in altercations with officers off duty and getting charged with assaulting an officer of the law. Unless there is unknown circumstances that we don't hear about during those fights. I think the point we are trying to make here is that the guy is not the stand up guy most cops are (in order to be a cop). He was dude that left someone potentially for dead. He knows whay he would have done to the next guy who pulled that move.

SHOTKALLIN
    NEGATIVE
    Cops are not on duty 24 hrs a day. Cops are not required to cary a gun off duty.
    Don't assume anything. You know what happens when you ass-u-me. You make an ass out of you and me.

Lacolaw
    Lacolaw,
    I completely agree, and I am not trying to be aggravating, but are they not required, even off duty , not to engage in any behavior that could bring discredit, sullie themselves or their department?
    seriously, not trying to be an ass...just curious
    That may be true.
    You are now talking about department policy, not State law.
    He is sure to face some sort of discipline from his department regardless of what the district attorney does with the case.

topless
    He was sworn to protect and to serve in the performance of his job.
    When he is off duty, he isnt required to serve anyone.That explains why Kilrtoy told me to get my own damn drink at the halloween party :cry:

slink
    That's too bad. I'd probably still take a bullet for somebody I didn't know.
    would you let your 4yr old? your 13 yr old, or your wife? Don't think so, no reason to put them in harms way. If I'm alone, it's still gonna have to be some serious shit going down.

slink
    None of the members of my family were ever United States Marines. Period.
    neither were any members of mine in L.E, my point exactly.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast