Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

Kilrtoy
    That explains why Kilrtoy told me to get my own damn drink at the halloween party :cry:
    No that is because you still had your TOP on....

HM
    So, if I kick the shit out of an (knowingly)off-duty officer, I won't be charged with anything other than assault and battery as if I just kicked the shit out of RD? No assaulting an officer and etc? Or none of him pulling his badge - I can just bitch slap it out of his hands and tell him to save it for when he is "on the clock?"
    But your honor....he was off the clock!?!
    Just a hypothetical. :wink:

Biglue
    Hey Kilr I posted this earlier inthe thread tell me what you think. I still think the dude is more liable to be punished than the common Joe.
    Hey Locolaw. I hear what you are saying, but there is a double standard there. Everyone here has heard of people in altercations with officers off duty and getting charged with assaulting an officer of the law. Unless there is unknown circumstances that we don't hear about during those fights. I think the point we are trying to make here is that the guy is not the stand up guy most cops are (in order to be a cop). He was dude that left someone potentially for dead. He knows whay he would have done to the next guy who pulled that move.

Kilrtoy
    Hey Kilr I posted this earlier inthe thread tell me what you think. I still think the dude is more liable to be punished than the common Joe. .
    NO, he should be held accountable at the level as law prescribes....
    but lets wait until he is convicted before he hang him the town court yard.....
    Hey Locolaw. I hear what you are saying, but there is a double standard there. Everyone here has heard of people in altercations with officers off duty and getting charged with assaulting an officer of the law. Unless there is unknown circumstances that we don't hear about during those fights. I think the point we are trying to make here is that the guy is not the stand up guy most cops are (in order to be a cop). He was dude that left someone potentially for dead. He knows whay he would have done to the next guy who pulled that move.
    Yes that has happened, but you havent heard the whole story..... that changes things around,,,,, oh just a little

SHOTKALLIN
    thank you for that commentary; dutifully noted when I read that post.
    hence my barely sarcastic reply here of don't kill the messenger...
    thank you for your contribution, please drive thru...................
    --Sherpa
    Not killing the messenger, just making a comment. since you left that part out

Biglue
    Yes that has happened, but you havent heard the whole story..... that changes things around,,,,, oh just a little
    So is it true that if you and I have a fight while you are off duty, I'm assaulting an officer of the law?

slink
    So is it true that if you and I have a fight while you are off duty, I'm assaulting an officer of the law?
    A= you know he is an officer or he id's himself as one
    B= he is acting in the performance/scope of his authority.
    each case would be reviewed individually by the DA, not all situations are the same.

Kilrtoy
    NOI THAT IS NOT TRUE......
    but there are always reasons that could warrant that charge....

Biglue
    I was always under the impression that there was no way out of charges when fighting a LEO without knowing. I guess it's more of an urban legend. The other thing is the guys that are yapping about these types of stories were drunk both times I've heard them. But I still don't get it. If he identifies himself as an officer he is still off duty. Are you saying you would be back on the clock at that point?

RiverDave
    You know I'm not quite sure what it is that people are arguing about here?
    Cops have a little leg up as far as others when it comes to the "law" in general. It's one of the perks of the job.. I have a leg up when it comes to billet work, one of the perks of my job.
    For the cops on the board to sit here and say that all things are fair and equal though.. I guess I'm just not understanding why?
    So this dude runs over somebody.. Personally I think they oughta come down on him harder then a normal citizen. Some agree, some disagree. Deals said and done.. I guess all there is left to do is see what they do with him? If they slap him on the wrist, well then that would suck.. If they don't, then that sucks too. It sucks that the whole thing even happened.
    Incidentally, on a side note.. if it is that same prick that the incident happened with on the sandbar more then a year ago.. Well then karma's a bitch, and I hope he gets gang raped by all the people he's arrested during the course of his career.
    RD

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast