Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

RiverDave
    I was always under the impression that there was no way out of charges when fighting a LEO without knowing. I guess it's more of an urban legend. The other thing is the guys that are yapping about these types of stories were drunk both times I've heard them. But I still don't get it. If he identifies himself as an officer he is still off duty. Are you saying you would be back on the clock at that point?
    Kinda makes you wonder about the whole "impairment" argument at .05 and above.. and an off duty cop carrying a gun? Wonder what happens if they shoot somebody? Do you get a SUI?
    RD <--- just thinking out loud here.

Kilrtoy
    For the cops on the board to sit here and say that all things are fair and equal though.. I guess I'm just not understanding why?
    RD
    No one said it was fair and equal.....

RiverDave
    No one said it was fair and equal.....
    Well there ya go.. What's the debate about again? I think i got sidetracked on my DUI/OUI b.s. as usual... LOL Got any pics of the new boat or mrs kilrtoy?
    RD

Tom Brown
    Maybe this guy does a really good job, arrests just as many bad guys as anyone, when he's had a few drinks? Maybe the drinks help him relax and he can get a better bullet grouping or make the paperwork seem less tedious.

RiverDave
    Dave,
    Can you give us some insights into the kind of billet industry "perks" you get?
    Speaking of billet, where's my dana purple remote holder, bass turd.
    It's on back order.. LOL
    RD

RiverDave
    Maybe this guy does a really good job, arrests just as many bad guys as anyone, when he's had a few drinks? Maybe the drinks help him relax and he can get a better bullet grouping or make the paperwork seem less tedious.
    LOL..
    RD

Kilrtoy
    Well there ya go.. What's the debate about again? I think i got sidetracked on my DUI/OUI b.s. as usual... LOL Got any pics of the new boat or mrs kilrtoy?
    RD
    Actually no I dont......

Tom Brown
    If I were a cop, I'd arrest you on some trumped up charge.
    Why go to the trouble of trumping something up? There's plenty of bonafied charges to throw down.

LOWRIVER2
    I remember RD wanted to get hit by my Taser this summer....
    Rolled by your pad on the H20 Sun. RD, boat was out but did'nt see you , was going to oblige your request. Maybe next time he he he....
    Stopped by Conquest on Mon. and hung out with Keith Sayre for awhile and he got to check out the work toys for awhile. He wants my ACOG'd M16 mounted on his Schiada now/LOL!

Beer-30
    A= you know he is an officer or he id's himself as one
    B= he is acting in the performance/scope of his authority.
    each case would be reviewed individually by the DA, not all situations are the same.
    Exactly! And, LE is held to a little higher standard (usually). If you look back, convicted LE offs/deps get pretty steep sentences.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast