Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush makes me wanna scream!!!

Kachina26
    Watching a live speech from New Mexico, Bush just said that Americans aren't willing to do certain jobs. Among the jobs he specifically listed were laying tile and roofing. Imagine that, and here I thought Americans were willing to work the construction trades. I know I was willing back when I worked as a roofer.
    And dammit, would someone tell him the word is RECOGNIZE, not recky nise!

Tom Brown
    He's just relaying information provided to him by his cabinet. That information probably came form the secretary of back wetness.

maxwedge
    Since I have done both, does that mean I'm not an American?

RiverToysJas
    They act like nobody wash the dishes at restaurants, or clean the beds in motels, if not for illegals. Yeah, nobody would do it, we'd just sleep on dirty beds, and eat off paper plates. So stupid! And yes, I would do those jobs.....they are right in line with the skill set of a Moderator anyway!
    RTJas

Big Warlock
    Unemployment is at 3%. They guess at 7 million illegals working. Who will take their place again? :crossx:
    Not going to happen friends! Wake up and join the guest worker program. At least they will have some documentation. Now you have none.
    My other plan is simple. Whenever a cow gets mad cow disease, we know where the cow came from, when it came into the country, where it's siblings are, parents background and location, etc etc. Don't you think it's time we gave every immigrant a cow???

Hardly Satisfied
    bush sucks

atomickitn
    what he should really be saying is Americans wont do those jobs listed, for what they are paying $ them to do .......since the Mexicans are willing to do the work for much cheaper , and we all know you get what you pay for sooo...what ever

Seadog
    He is not totally wrong. We cannot find enough licensed electricians to fill openings because we cannot compete with construction wages. A contractor working on a project for me is only laying only 2/3 as much asphalt as he wants because he is two trucks short of having enough to keep things moving. He has four trucks just sitting around doing nothing for lack of drivers.
    And yet, I have a friend and nephews that cannot find work because they are computer techs and everyone is wanting to do that. I keep telling them that if they learned a trade, they will be employed, but want to play with computers like they have always done.

NOTALENT
    He is a focking moron. Amongst the jobs listed, they are mainly jobs that our teens would gladly work if they werent over run my IMMAGRANTS, but no they can barely get these jobs because of how overflooded they are. Im sorry but a 30-40yr old working at Mc Donalds is just sad....with certain exeptions.

Jordy
    they are mainly jobs that our teens would gladly work if they werent over run my IMMAGRANTS, but no they can barely get these jobs because of how overflooded they are.
    That's the biggest crock of shit I think I've ever read on here. How many teenagers do you see these days that WANT to work??? Most are content with surfing the internet, hanging out with friends at the mall, playing video games and watching TV. Not to mention the liability of having a 17 year old on a jobsite anymore thanks to all the frivelous lawsuits and new insurance regulations because of them.
    I know I had the construction jobs when I was in school on Summer break. Started off at $4.25 an hour working 40 hrs a week doing shitty jobs like painting curbs at the office and cleaning up company trucks that engineers had driven through tack before the asphalt was laid down on it. Smart guys. Before that I'd push the lawnmower around the neighborhood seeing who's yard needed to be mowed.
    Hate to say it, but you don't really see that these days and that's why you see "immigrants" out working. They're hungry and have families to feed. I say more power to them. Document them, withhold taxes and let them go to town.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast