Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Superboat, The Legend

KatKrazie
    yeah this site is awesome. I Havent seen to many filled boat forums like this.

FASTERDAMITT

454SUPERBOATKID
    FASTER: I am looking forward to seeing you boat in the water soon, you get the headers yet? keep up posted !! (( I feel like someone is about to have a baby ))

FASTERDAMITT
    I was afraid to call friday. I didn't want to here it's not ready yet. I'm just gonna wait till I get the call! Going to the beach sat. Check when I get back.

Status Report? :smile: :rollside: :boxed:

FASTERDAMITT
    Well, headers where finished today. Closed cooling system is having a 5 week delay so far. I was told a week to manufacture five weeks ago, but today I called and thier making the mounting brackets and will ship to me in a couple days. So, All I waiting on is the cooling system. The engine should be going in tomarrow or thursday. What a beitch! Do I really have a boat????????? :cry:

Dry headers you mentioned somewhere.
    When I think of dry headers I think HOT!....and under an enclosed engine hatch?
    Who is building the closed cooling system for you?

FASTERDAMITT
    Dry headers mean that they are water jacketed just like normal. In a std header the water exits the jacket into the exhaust gases just past the 4 into 1 tube welds. In a dry setup water jackets the header and tailpipes all the way to the exit at the transom. So the water never contacts the exhaust gases untill they both exit the pipe. This prevents water reversion with a big engine and camshaft. Very loud because the water is not in the pipe mixing with exhaust to quiet it. The cooling is built by Orca cooling systems.

ECeptor
    Are you going to have to put mufflers on her? If so, what are you going with?

FASTERDAMITT
    E, There will be a glasspack baffle built into the 4.5" tailpipe, which will get it down to 100 decibles. That is what a 525 sound like without mufflers. Now I have to come up with a external muffler to get legal. I will wait until I can sound check it on the water just to see if the low profile swim platfrom will muffle some of the noise.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast