Thread: Where is the thermostat?

punthouse
    What regulates the temp? Olds 455 with Jacuzzi pump. Pulled thermostat housing off intake to put in antifreeze, no thermostat. Supposed to be one? Thanks again.

HammerDown
    No...there is not a thermostat in that housing,and you CANNOT use one on that type of setup (no water pressure bypass valve = blown head gaskets).Water temp can only be controlled by adjusting the main valve at the pump. I am as well as many other jetters are useing a REX DUAL TOWER THERMO. setup with a pressure relief valve in the housing.Get a REX catalog,there's a diagram showing how it functions.

rstover1
    Most jets don't have thermostats they control water pressure from the jet via a valve lessen the water for more temp increace the water pressure for lower temp....Hope this helps http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/cwm/cwm/spin2.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

riodog
    When you're done filling that puppy up with antifreeze, oh hell, I can't do this.

Kwicherbichen
    Riodog, you beat me to that one. Everyone starts somewhere.........

1000mhz
    Maybe he's packing her up for the winter????
    lol

DOHARA
    HEY PUNTHOUSE I THINK YOUR THERMOSTAT IS IN THE PUMP, MAKE SURE YOU FILL THAT RADIATOR UP WITH 50/50 MIX OR IT WONT RUN GOOD!!!!

punthouse
    Originally posted by riodog:
    When you're done filling that puppy up with antifreeze, oh hell, I can't do this.
    Yes, getting ready for winter!