Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Wrecked/Crashed Circle Boat

Cowboy Bob
    Was talking to a buddy about building Boats and Molds available and it occurred to me that there must be at least a couple "Scrap" Boats around?
    I know a while back there was a Barron with the Deck detached and also the "K-777" was recently wrecked (or so I heard)....
    Anybody know where I might find something like that?
    Any of them saved from the Sawzall?
    The idea would be to use it as a starting point for a "Plug"

circleboatKIDD
    Ive got a Revenge ill post a when I get home, and you can check it out.

GofastRacer
    Tom B has a Bisemeyer hull for sale, even has some hardware!..

Cowboy Bob
    Tom B has a Biesemeyer hull for sale, even has some hardware!..
    Tom has 2 of them for sale, a Biesemeyer and a Bezer (plus a Howard too, so actually 3) Both Circle Hulls look like pretty good deals.
    The other Boat that sounded interesting is the Advantage which is on DB.com as an "Advantage-Hughes". I got a little bit of info on the Advantage hull but they are pretty rare.
    I was thinking more along the lines of building a plug from a wrecked Boat so I could end up with a Mold. I think there will come a time when the Boats that are out there now just get too old and used up to be safe. There are not many people currently making new Circle Boat Hulls right now.

Cowboy Bob
    Ive got a Revenge ill post a when I get home, and you can check it out.
    You can E-Mail me directly if you would like at rfurman@ncen.com

Kurtis500
    Seems like a wrecked boat may give you a slightly warped or bent plug to work with. What about buying a good hull and taking a mold from that. Then you can sell it for what you paid and have a straight mold too.
    just thinking out loud.

GofastRacer
    [QUOTE=Cowboy Bob]Tom has 2 of them for sale, a Biesemeyer and a Bezer (plus a Howard too, so actually 3) Both Circle Hulls look like pretty good deals.
    Right but the bare one(Biesemeyer)would make a good candidate for a mold!.. And for what he wants for it, you could turn around and sell it!..

GofastRacer
    Seems like a wrecked boat may give you a slightly warped or bent plug to work with. What about buying a good hull and taking a mold from that. Then you can sell it for what you paid and have a straight mold too.
    just thinking out loud.
    Exactly!.

V-DRIVES RULE
    Tom has 2 of them for sale, a Biesemeyer and a Bezer (plus a Howard too, so actually 3) Both Circle Hulls look like pretty good deals.
    The other Boat that sounded interesting is the Advantage which is on DB.com as an "Advantage-Hughes". I got a little bit of info on the Advantage hull but they are pretty rare.
    I was thinking more along the lines of building a plug from a wrecked Boat so I could end up with a Mold. I think there will come a time when the Boats that are out there now just get too old and used up to be safe. There are not many people currently making new Circle Boat Hulls right now.Who the hell is going to Buy a boat made from wrecked boat mold COME ON NOW what the hell are you thinking! a NOBODY building a circle boat from wrecked parts that will sell REAL WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboy Bob
    Exactly!.
    Valid points!
    My thinking is that the "Plug Boat" would remain as a "Plug" after pulling the Mold off it.
    I think that there would be some changes made to the plug, cosmetically and otherwise, so I'm not sure if it would be a "Usable" Boat after I am done.
    I am not really interested in "Splashing" a Biesemeyer, there are already enough Biesemeyer Molds out there already as well as people building Biesemeyers...you could probably buy a Biesemeyer Mold cheaper than you could make one.
    The other way of thinking would be to just use the "Plug" for measurements and Ideas and build a true "Plug Boat" from scratch, esentially a new design.
    Just thinking out loud......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast