Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat towing

H20 Toie
    Since i am going to be going to the ocean now it's probably a good idea to sign up for a tow service besides the fact that a lot of the services are modern day pirates which one is best for so cal?

Nord
    I can't remember the name, but I know you can contact them via radio for a tow. It's like AAA on the water! I'll see if I can locate a name for you

All IN
    Vessel Assit--Saved my ass more the once. Worth every penny, it's only $112 a year

plaster dave
    sea tow

H20 Toie
    Hi Plaster Dave i've been checking around and Sea Tow seems to have a really bad rap for trying to make the tows salvage instead of tows and even though you are a member you will be billed for part of the value of the boat. it seems that all the tow services do it but that Sea Tow does it more. If your boat is in danger of being damaged they can call it a salvage and get 30 or 40k for a 100k boat even if they only tow it a mile but they don't let you know until after you have been towed and then they fight you in court, they don't make there money on $200 tows but on salvages.

plaster dave
    Hi Plaster Dave i've been checking around and Sea Tow seems to have a really bad rap for trying to make the tows salvage instead of tows and even though you are a member you will be billed for part of the value of the boat. it seems that all the tow services do it but that Sea Tow does it more. If your boat is in danger of being damaged they can call it a salvage and get 30 or 40k for a 100k boat even if they only tow it a mile but they don't let you know until after you have been towed and then they fight you in court, they don't make there money on $200 tows but on salvages.
    Well is F***ed sorry to hear that.

Havasu Hangin'
    Don't you have two engines?

Norseman
    Since i am going to be going to the ocean now it's probably a good idea to sign up for a tow service besides the fact that a lot of the services are modern day pirates which one is best for so cal?
    Out here on the east coast NY/NJ it's Sea Tow. They are nationwide.
    I used them in Fl too.

cola
    http://www.vesselassist.com/
    The best money you'll spend on your boat and hope you never use. Other then filling a float plan when you hit the big blue. If you don't show they come looking.
    Late, Mike

dicudmore
    http://www.vesselassist.com/
    The best money you'll spend on your boat and hope you never use. Other then filling a float plan when you hit the big blue. If you don't show they come looking.
    Late, Mike
    that float plan he describes is very cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast