Thread: Crank Kits/ Rotating Assemblies??

NOTALENT
    Looking for 454 crank kit..??? anyone know a good place to get it?? I am currently looking at Powerhouse or Larrys Performance in Montclair. Just stock with forged pistons.

Huffer
    Bought My Last Two Cranks From These People Great Prices.$199.00
    Also Purchased Rods And Gasket Set Cheap! 888-463-0482 Just As Cheap To Go 496 Sure Is A Large Increase In Torque,since Your Going To Buy.i'm Running A Renegade Crank In My 496 With A 12-71 Littlefield.

cdog
    Looking for 454 crank kit..??? anyone know a good place to get it?? I am currently looking at Powerhouse or Larrys Performance in Montclair. Just stock with forged pistons.
    Be careful when buying cheap shit......I've got a forged 4.25 crank to give you a 496...It's at the engine shop and he can order some rods and pistons to match what your doing and have it all balenced. Give me a call... Corey 714-281-1395 Your better off going bigger cubic inch if your replacing the bottom end..

Speedin' Ian
    I've also got a forged 454 crank that I will let go pretty cheap

steveo143
    I too have a forged crank, gm dimppled rods, full floating pins, all you need would be pistons. This came out of a 468 twin turboed dealio.
    Steve @714 579-7857 or 714 8831715.

GofastRacer
    Talk to Scot he's got any kit you want, can't hardly beat the price!..
    Dyno-Flo! (http://dynoflow.substorm.com/contactus.asp)

steelcomp
    Ten 4 that

lumpy505
    I have a set of rods and stock bore pistons and a 4 in stroke cast crank. i can send u pics and dimensions on it if you want. if you would like to use paypal as a added guaranty so it will cover if you think any are bad that would be OK. the crank and pistons are in excellent shape and i can send you pics of all the journals if you would like. i am just trying to get rid of some old parts. I heard the motor run last fall so it is fine. i wold take 90 for the crank and 120 for the rods (not dimple rods just plain Ole thumb rods) and pistons. I can shoot some pics of the bearings so you can tell the rods are ob-longed. 5 cc domes and i can get the numbers for you. email me if interested
    mark_lmk@yahoo.com

C-2
    So they're good guys to deal with? Their 540/572 short blocks seem like a damn good price, but I haven't found any feedback on them. Are the Eagle components fine? Their shortblocks are such a good deal, hard to look at "just" rebuilding a 454 or trying to get more out of it. Get the 540/572/598 shortblock, work the rect port heads, bigger carb/intake and call it a day with about 100hp more than a 468 or 496 rebuild? Does this make sense?
    Sorrry to jack your thread :hammer2: :hammer2:

GofastRacer
    So they're good guys to deal with? Their 540/572 short blocks seem like a damn good price, but I haven't found any feedback on them. Are the Eagle components fine? Their shortblocks are such a good deal, hard to look at "just" rebuilding a 454 or trying to get more out of it. Get the 540/572/598 shortblock, work the rect port heads, bigger carb/intake and call it a day with about 100hp more than a 468 or 496 rebuild? Does this make sense?
    Sorrry to jack your thread :hammer2: :hammer2:
    You can't beat the price for a kit and yes Eagle stuff is fine, but like everything else nothing is ready to go you need to check and measure it all up to see if it applies to you're application and make corrections accordingly!.. If I was to buy a shortblock(regardless from who)I would tear it down completely and measure everything to make sure it's "right"!..