Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kicker Sub And Battery Power

CHOPS
    I Just Ordered The 12 Kicker Solo X And A Kicker 1200 Watt Amp. I Hope This Will Get Me A Good Amount Of Bass Being That This Is There Top Of The Line Sub. Now Im Worried About Battery Power. I Want To Run 2 Batteries For Sure Maybe 3. What Is The Best Way To Configure Them? I Was Thinking About Running A Selector That Way I Can Run The Music Off One Battery, Then When Its Time To Go I Can Switch To Both And Hopefully The Alternater Will Charge Both Battries.
    Any Suggestions

RiverDave
    I Just Ordered The 12 Kicker Solo X And A Kicker 1200 Watt Amp. I Hope This Will Get Me A Good Amount Of Bass Being That This Is There Top Of The Line Sub. Now Im Worried About Battery Power. I Want To Run 2 Batteries For Sure Maybe 3. What Is The Best Way To Configure Them? I Was Thinking About Running A Selector That Way I Can Run The Music Off One Battery, Then When Its Time To Go I Can Switch To Both And Hopefully The Alternater Will Charge Both Battries.
    Any Suggestions
    Is this Randy?
    RD

rivercrazy
    That Kicker Solo-X is a competition level sub meant to take lots and lots of watts. As a result, its not as efficient as their regular Solo line. For that reason, it will be a power hog. You might be better off getting 2 12 solobarics. I bet it will be louder that way enabling you a more efficient set up.
    And its ALWAYS better not to rely on battery recharging via alternator. Try to recharge as much as possible with a battery charger. Your batteries and alternator will last longer.
    P.S. - Roundy rounds are always better than squares!

RiverDave
    P.S. - Roundy rounds are always better than squares!
    But you just recommended 2 square speakers?
    RD

CHOPS
    Can You Please Explain The Not As Efficient Part. Also I Dont Have The Room For 2 Subs, And The Reason I Want To Stay With Kicker Is Because I Get Them For An Amazing Price.

rivercrazy
    I didn't recommend the Kickers. But Mr. Chops appeared to favor them.
    The Solo-X is designed to perform at very high watt levels. The voice coil requires a lot of power. My point on the efficiency front is since the speaker was designed to perform at such high watt levels, the amplifer will have to draw more current to make the woofer produce those higher SPL levels.
    Kinda like comparing a JL W6 to a W7. The W7 requires substantially more power to produce the same or higher SPL. But the W7 is capable of being driven louder for longer periods than the W6.

CHOPS
    Ok So Has Any One Heard The Solo X Vs. The L7.
    I Do Want To Stay With Kicker Because The Price I Get. I Just Want To Get The Most Bang For The Buck Out Of I Speaker, And The X Will Cost About 100 Dollars More. I Will Be Using A Sealed Box And A 1200.1 Kicker Amp.
    If The X Is Played At Lower Levels Does It Still Drain As Much Power?

Phat Matt
    Ok So Has Any One Heard The Solo X Vs. The L7.
    I Do Want To Stay With Kicker Because The Price I Get. I Just Want To Get The Most Bang For The Buck Out Of I Speaker, And The X Will Cost About 100 Dollars More. I Will Be Using A Sealed Box And A 1200.1 Kicker Amp.
    If The X Is Played At Lower Levels Does It Still Drain As Much Power?
    I am guessing a couple of L7's would be louder than one Solo X and you could run them off the same amp.

ROZ
    I'd go L5's before going L7's unless you plan to put over 800 RMS watts to each L7... Takes a lot of power to make them come alive...

PHX ATC
    I'd go L5's before going L7's unless you plan to put over 800 RMS watts to each L7... Takes a lot of power to make them come alive...
    Are you serious?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast