Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked out timing....

Foggerjet
    That is definately the way to go. I read about this last year sometime on the boards and did it too. It cranks right up, holds a steady idle and it cracks off at the touch of the gas. I didn't notice much if any top speed difference, But all around better performance otherwise, low speed, cruising, docking, etc. Mine is 34* minus 6 on a N2O retard. I was a bit worried at first about hot starts, starter dragging and such, but no problem. Even with a $35 Auto Zone reman. starter! 0 guage cables and an Optima bluetop.
    fog

Danhercules
    I just rewired my boat. I had an extra hole in the dash, so I put in a started button. So, I could push the button and the motor will turn over, then switch the key for ingintion. By doing this I can I lock out my timming too? BBF, right now I am at 32*. I have MSD AL box.

mrgoslow
    my msd is locked out @ 38 degrees with no starter trouble, 9.88 to 1 comp ratio. what causes your starting problems, more compression? just curious.

Taylorman
    I think the guys with high comp. need start retard boxes. Pump gas motors should no have a problem starting. Mine cranks right up and runs great. I was nervous at first but no problems so far. Im going to mess with the timing soon. I just put it at 30 for the time being till i have time to play with it. I'll be bumping it up some soon to see what that does for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12