Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boating in Florida???

Mr. Crusader 83
    Anyone go boating in florida? Where are the hot spots? For smaller boats

frosty
    st johns river, silver glenn springs on the west side of lake, sat. 7:00 am on till dark, and on

Mr. Crusader 83
    got any pics?

Boostable
    All the above, plus Disappering Island on the intercostal is a great spot, as is the Chain in Lake County, and the Glen, and Blue Springs, and......
    Ah hell... where do you want to go..
    Jack

Boostable
    Better question is where and when you gonna be here..

Mr. Crusader 83
    im moven to tampa in about 6 months, and i dont know if i should keep my 18ft jet that is not very good on gas, or buy this 22ft sleek craft with a 300x that i have my eye on.
    so i wanted to get a head start on finding the hot spots and what the guys are running out there in the inland waterways

jbtrailerjim
    im moven to tampa in about 6 months, and i dont know if i should keep my 18ft jet that is not very good on gas, or buy this 22ft sleek craft with a 300x that i have my eye on.
    so i wanted to get a head start on finding the hot spots and what the guys are running out there in the inland waterways
    I was in Tampa last summer visiting some of my wifes family and the hotel we stayed at was right by Lake Tarpon. I checked it out. It looked like a nice lake other than there were aligators in it.

Boostable
    jbtrailerjim,
    I have lived here "in florida" most of my life and can tell you there are some great places to run your ride. As you will be close to the shore you may considier going the sleek route, but your jet will be right at home here in the rivers as well.
    I can put you in touch with some locals in the Tampa area to gvie you the tour on the local waters, no doubt about that. Either way you will be fine. We have a lot of great places inland and a lot just off shore.. pick your poision!!!
    Let me know how I can help.
    Jack

Boostable
    I was in Tampa last summer visiting some of my wifes family and the hotel we stayed at was right by Lake Tarpon. I checked it out. It looked like a nice lake other than there were aligators in it.
    Yes there are gators here. And yes, you need to understand there habitat, or your ass wil become lunch. Its a mutal respect thing..
    JW

NautiII
    I lived in Florida all my life (38 years)until I moved out to sunny AZ. "Its a DRY heat"......The hotspots are Silver Glenn Springs (not as wild as it used to be, but still FUN), and for scenery, go over to Treasure Island, on the west coast. the water is BEAUTIFUL!!! The St. Johns River is a great ride as well. Check out all the red eyes (alligators) at night. hundreds of them. it is really cool. Also, go down to the Florida Keys. even a small boat can be fun there! If you have a couple days, you can go to Kissimmee, and put in Lake Tohopikaliga (?) and you can go south through a huge chain of lakes. Florida is full of great boating places......GOD I MISS IT!!!!!! Please post pics when you go!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast