Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What trucks to pull my boat?

TRUMP TIGHT
    Well its time to get a new truck! After riding in the back of my 04 ranger all the way back from Bullhead i have decided i need a bigger truck. I have a 6 month old so i need some room and my ranger cant pull my boat. Im looking at new, full size, maybe crew but definitly ext cab and i need some input on v6 vs. v8. Of course i want the v8 but cant i get away with pulling an 18ft spectra with a v6?

Jyruiz
    Well its time to get a new truck! After riding in the back of my 04 ranger all the way back from Bullhead i have decided i need a bigger truck. I have a 6 month old so i need some room and my ranger cant pull my boat. Im looking at new, full size, maybe crew but definitly ext cab and i need some input on v6 vs. v8. Of course i want the v8 but cant i get away with pulling an 18ft spectra with a v6?
    Get the V8, you will get better gas milage towing with the v8 since it won't have to work so hard to pull your boat, less stress on the motor as well. With your kid being so small, you can save by just getting an extra cab, my kids are 7 and 6 and are still confortable in my Silverado extra cab.

Red Horse
    Take your boat loaded with all your gear and fuel to some truck scales, unhook it from your truck, pay the 12 or so bucks to get the weight and add 20% then take that information shopping with you.

YeLLowBoaT
    Any 1/2 pick up will do fine. or even a half ton suv. A F-150 or chevy/ dodge 1500 would do nicely. You can get them with 4 doors... just make sure you get the "tow package" its not just a hitch.

TRUMP TIGHT
    Get the V8, you will get better gas milage towing with the v8 since it won't have to work so hard to pull your boat, less stress on the motor as well. With your kid being so small, you can save by just getting an extra cab, my kids are 7 and 6 and are still confortable in my Silverado extra cab.
    I have had an ext cab silverado and i do think it is enough room but i think im gonna try and swing it to get the crew. Prblem is im not sure i will really need it. As for the towing my boat is stored in Bullhead and its about a mile to Davis. I dont think i would be dropding anywhere else very often and service will all be done local by SquirtnThunder.

STRETCH
    Your VIP 4X4 awaits your bid
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/The-u...yZ6737QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

TRUMP TIGHT
    Take your boat loaded with all your gear and fuel to some truck scales, unhook it from your truck, pay the 12 or so bucks to get the weight and add 20% then take that information shopping with you.
    I dont want to cut anything so close that i dont have a little leway in the future.

TRUMP TIGHT
    Any 1/2 pick up will do fine. or even a half ton suv. A F-150 or chevy/ dodge 1500 would do nicely. You can get them with 4 doors... just make sure you get the "tow package" its not just a hitch.
    Those are the trucks im looking at and the tow package is a must.

budmeyser
    id get a v8 chevy exdt cab 2500HD deisle with tow package. they pull nice and you cant even notice the boat is beheind you.

TRUMP TIGHT
    Your VIP 4X4 awaits your bid
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/The-u...yZ6737QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem
    Your link is giving me a no response. Im guessing because its out of my price range.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast