Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excessive Engine Clearance problems

Squirtin Thunder
    Well whats the story ???????????

Mighty Thor
    Thanks Jim, your the Best! I installed the jetovator cable tonight and will probably try to fire the boat again tomarrow. I did touch it off last night just to make sure it would fire, but did not let it run. Here's hoping it goes ok.

EXTREMEBOATS
    Thor
    I know you checked the lift on the exaust but did you also check the intake? From my own past assumptions and regretful conclusions to many times have I found myself back in the motor because I assumed everything was fine. My advice, Check everything.... In the valve trane. Push rod ends,lifters,cam lobes, rocker arms and even the studs. Leave no stone unturned and use your toy with confidence. Just my H2O "from my past" Good luck
    Mike

Mighty Thor
    Thanks everyone for all of the advise. I have posted a new thread that shows the results of our test today. as a result of the runs we made today I am going to put in some upgraded valve parts. The lack of water in the oil today was exactly as Duane predicted. Valves working right = no water in the oil. I have some small issues with water seeping elsewhere including the exhaust manifolds. I will solve those issues with the next series of repairs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123