Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grocery store strike

Froggystyle
    I shop for produce, bread, wine and meat at a little store by my house called Harvest Ranch. The prices are ridiculous, but they have a gourmet selection of the above about 3 minutes from my house. After picking up the important stuff there, I drive to Vons and get the normal consumer items (i.e. beer, crackers, cream cheese, milk etc... ) and save a couple bucks. Not to mention, they have the selection that Harvest Ranch doesn't.
    Trader Joes is run by hippies... It smells too much like patchouli and weed every time I go in there.

Havasu_Dreamin
    i crossed the line during the strike, and still do today...
    Same here.

ROZ
    Henry's and Trader Joes is where we buy the healthy stuff.... Beverages and more(frequent buyer card ) is where we buy booze, Target for household supplies and soda, and Stater brothers is where we buy the other crap...

C-2
    Plowboys for meat in Fountain Valley - that place is unreal. Too far away for me
    Costco is the king for meat, all departments.

Kachina26
    Wow... I must suck. I...
    A) Crossed the line.. and
    B) Think that the striking workers didn't need to get their jobs back. In my mind, they basically quit.
    I agree, I felt that they quit a good job and then insisted that I be mad at the store also. I only quit shopping there when the rude SOB's went back to work. OK, maybe not all were rude especially to men, but some made comments to my wife and others harassed kids. Like you said, the job ain't rocket science ,you don't even have to memorize produce codes anymore, they're marked. My wife is in a union and all the union does it protect workers that should be terminated. Wait, I take that back, they also spend her union dues on campaign contributions to politicians that we would never vote for.

C-2
    Food 4 Less is also part of the Ralphs chain.
    " Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger operates supermarkets under the banners Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, Smith's, King Soopers, Dillon, Fry's, City Market, Food 4 Less and Quality Food Centers."
    Careful there, don't wanna get HH excited :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

ROZ
    Costco is the king for meat, all departments.
    We have a great neighborhood butcher !!!! For those of you in the San Marcos area, it's TLC meats and Rodeos for Carne and pollo asada!!!

C-2
    We have a great neighborhood butcher !!!! For those of you in the San Marcos area, it's TLC meats and Rodeos for Carne and pollo asada!!!
    Riverside is a pretty big place - but no good meat/seafood shops. Somebody help me out here :cry: :cry:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    OK, fine, the real reason is I'm not driving 20 minutes to go to the grocery store.
    Two things. I thought Stater Bros was supporting the strike but agreed not to go out on strike so that the community would have a place to shop during the strike. It was my understanding that it was illegal for ALL grocery stores in the same community to be on strike because it was deterimental to the public.
    Second, the Stater Bros on Hwy 79 is nasty. It's old and gross and not well stocked. The humanity that shops there is like Walmart.
    I will say this, during the strike, I went to my local Ralph's and spent AS LITTLE money as humanly possible to support a family of four. Ralph's actually paid the picketers to go away about halfway through the strike, so I didn't have to cross the picket line. When the picket line was up, I went to Stater Bros, as much as it pained me to do so.
    LOL! I knew there was more to the story. Believe it or not, that Staters on 79 is fairly new. It is a dump, though, I agree. It is not even 10 years old (7 or 8, I think) Jeff did the plumbing on it when it was built.
    I was working for staters at the time of the strike. There were pros and cons, I agree with all statements made so far, even Wes's .

jas0502
    [QUOTE=ROZ]We have a great neighborhood butcher !!!! For those of you in the San Marcos area, it's TLC meats and Rodeos for Carne and pollo asada!!! [/QUOTE
    I work in San Marcos. Where abouts is that?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast