Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grocery store strike

Biglue
    For those of you in the south bay. Go to "LA Venadita" in Carson on Main St. Between Carson St. and 223rd st west side of street. Always fresh meat and the best carne asada you will ever taste......guaranteed!!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
    Food 4 Less is also part of the Ralphs chain.
    Yes...but check F4L margins....not the same as Ralphs.
    Also...if you guys wanna save money, check out Winco Foods or Albertsons 48 hour sales. Albertsons is actually losing money on these sales...trying to get traffic back in the stores.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We never crossed the picket line but returned to shopping at Ralph's when the strike was over. Our Ralphs just closed this past weekend. We went to Albertson's for the first time last night and that place totally sucks! :yuk: Looks like we will be doing most that we can at Costco from now on. :wink:

totenhosen
    I go to King Ranch Market (caters to the latin market) and the prices are by far cheaper than the large grocery stores, their butcher kicks butt (great cuts and prices) and their veggies are as better and way cheaper as well. What I can't get there I'll get at costco or target.

djunkie
    For those of you in the south bay. Go to "LA Venadita" in Carson on Main St. Between Carson St. and 223rd st west side of street. Always fresh meat and the best carne asada you will ever taste......guaranteed!!!!!!
    That place is awesome. Their asada is defintley the best I've ever had.

Biglue
    That place is awesome. Their asada is defintley the best I've ever had.
    Dude did you ever try the ceviche? I'm thinking about taking some to the zoo this weekend. I'm a little woried about it spoiling in the heat. The last thing I need is the shits all weekend. Where about in Pedro do you live?

OGShocker
    I crossed, head up and mouth shut, until some POS spit at (not on) my feet. From then on it was head up gums flapin'. I never cursed, just asked "who in the union leadership might be feeding your kids tonight"? or "do you think your leadership is going hungry"? They never had a kind answer for me, Go figure. :notam:

Essex502
    Many said during the grocery store strike that they would no longer support those stores when the strikers returned. How many who said this are still boycotting the stores? I just wondered after seeing the Beer on sale thread. I don't care if they're giving away steak, I don't go to those places.
    Never stopped shopping at Ralph's during the strike and didn't support the union thing at all. "You're worth what you can get if you walk out that door." was told to me many years ago and I abide by it still. Harsh but true. Look at the union busting that's coming with the airlines. Do we stop flying and conducting business to protest reality. No.

Scream
    Deb refused to cross the picket line mostly because she'd have to face the loosers when they went back to work finally I think. I could have cared less and thought
    1. The Union leadership blew it and screwed over the members by misleading them and negotiating in bad faith.
    2. The Store chains made a mistake by not making a bigger deal out of being open for business. They should have also pressed charges on those employees that acted improperly on company property, in front of the stores.
    I watched the news and saw that Attorneys were Helping the union members harass shoppers at LA area stores...What a crock of shit.
    When the employees believe, and they truely do, that they should have a piece of the pie without the risk in a business, it's time to shop for new help, IMO... With operational costs what they are in California especially, Unions are pricing themselves out of the labor market and will go away, hopefully.
    BTW Froggy, Harvest Ranch markets (3 I believe) are now owned by Wild Oats, Inc, the same company that owns Henry's Marketplace. Should try Jimbo's...naturally or Cardiff Seaside Mkt..good people. (good customers )
    Scream

djunkie
    Dude did you ever try the ceviche? I'm thinking about taking some to the zoo this weekend. I'm a little woried about it spoiling in the heat. The last thing I need is the shits all weekend. Where about in Pedro do you live?
    Ya their ceviche is great also. As for it spoiling it should be good for a couple days as long as it is in a fridge or on ice. I sometimes make my own out at the river. I live by the In-N-out on western.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast