Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Havasu City Council Changes Restrictions

waterwitch
    Hey Traci, nice to see you guys again. Jeff said you were a little fragile on Monday when he came by to pick up those flatty parts. Are you feeling better today? It was dang hot out there last weekend. Been out every afternoon till about 10:00 PM since then, the moon is incredible right now. It is like daylight.
    Hi ya Franky.
    Fragile... Well that's a nice way to say it.
    I was HURTIN!!!! I honestly don't drink that
    much.( No really, I don't) We didn't have the kids
    with us, so.... well you saw the results.
    Thanks for feeding me!
    We haven't been out at night in so long. I would
    love to do that. Maybe next weekend. We will
    be in hiding this weekend. Although... maybe Monday
    if it's not to crazy.

franky
    Hi ya Franky.
    Fragile... Well that's a nice way to say it.
    I was HURTIN!!!! I honestly don't drink that
    much.( No really, I don't) We didn't have the kids
    with us, so.... well you saw the results.
    Thanks for feeding me!
    We haven't been out at night in so long. I would
    love to do that. Maybe next weekend. We will
    be in hiding this weekend. Although... maybe Monday
    if it's not to crazy.
    We are outa here this weekend. Taking the kids and the quads up to Williams, cooler in the mountains and far far away from the nonsense and crowds.
    "I honestly don't drink that much...." now that there is funny.
    Last night I was the only person on the lake that I could see until I got back to Thompson bay where there was some guy flootin out in the bay in a pontoon watching a big screen TV!
    That Nordic is sweet. Did you CLEAN THAT THING YET!!

waterdog
    These council members and city manager still do not get it. They are trying to solve a problem but are not addressing the true causes. "Lets just restrict access that should solve it", just another knee jerk reaction just like the approaches to English Village development and the grinder pump issue with the sewer project. They continue to wing it and just like last night have to rescind their actions because they don't get all the facts and data before coming to a decision. I was at the meeting and it appeared to me that the minds were made up that restrictions will continue the only question was how much. This is not over yet, I beleive there will be more. Remember this was only a piece of phase one and there is a phase two. They are trying to solve a behavior by guessing. 4 of the 7 members are under recall notice with Sept 13th being the special election. Hopefully they won't do to much damage before the new majority takes office and has to do the damage control.

Dave C
    so if I understand this correct, the mingling of the boaters with the pedestrians caused the trouble spot mentioned here.
    So by their logic they punish the boaters instead. To be fair, they should also restrict the pedestrian traffic, which they can't do. This is lame.
    I suspect that a lot of the trouble is caused by pedestrians. Last time we were there they were a lot of pedestrian trouble makers. Does that happen often?
    Do you think they are unfairly singling out the boaters with this one?
    Mooring restrictions lightened
    By BRIAN DiTULLIO
    Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:15 PM MDT
    The most hotly debated area was the 232-foot section near the English Village. Police say that is where most of the problems occur as foot traffic mingles with the boaters.
    "We didn't do this arbitrarily," said Capt. Randy McCaleb. "That area was chosen for law enforcement reasons. That's where we get most of our fights."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123