Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lake Isabella, Ca

pixilatedpussy
    like thease
    OK MR!!!! I want some of those!

pixilatedpussy
    Thanks for the info. A buddy of mine is heading up there this weekend and was trying to convince me to go. I was looking at info on the web for it and it just didn't look good.
    That is an understatement!
    Lets put it this way, when we went to gas up in the am before launching...the lady asked us where we were from, and said "WHY WOULD YOU COME HERE" No Joke!!! Pretty sad?

atomickitn
    Yes I love her!!! Can you tell I like the pussy? My hubby does too!
    ohhhhhhhhhh iment the other kind of kitty,, as in the boat kind,, but i like the way you think,, they say great minds think alike,,,,,,,, dirty minds

pixilatedpussy
    ohhhhhhhhhh iment the other kind of kitty,, as in the boat kind,, but i like the way you think,, they say great minds think alike,,,,,,,, dirty minds
    Yes I meant the Cheetah!

piper
    I am so glad I asked about that place. I would of hated to tow all the way up there for some lame place. Thanks again.

pixilatedpussy
    My husband renamed it Lake CHEESEABELLA!!!!
    Glad to help!

atomickitn
    ok ,well im going to go to bed now ive got a 5 am wake time, thanks for playing with me......... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
    See ya on the water!!!! You better be comming to the regatta!!!! :burningm:

atomickitn
    im working on it wish me dirty dreams,, have fun

Racer277
    In 1998 the lake was allowed to fill to 100%.
    So of course the dept of engineers was sued by the sierra clubbers. It seems that this man made lake has caused trees to grow in areas that are not always under water. When the lake rises, the trees become submerged.
    An endangered bird (or course) the Southwestern Willow Flycatcher was determined to have made nests in these trees, and -the clubbers claimed- would get flooded out if the lake was allowed to fill more than half full.
    The lower water level maximum during spring has allowed the lake to become very low 10-15% capacity over the 2000-2004 summers. The lower volume of water has warmed too much, creating mass fish kills.
    Before the lawsuit, this lake was an absolutely beautiful place to camp and boat.
    Since, it has become dangerous, and at times disgusting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast