Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving Boat in water for a few days

19Kona
    So we finally got our place in Parker. Now I have the option to leave the boat at the community dock for a week at a time. I have never left it in the water that long. Should I be putting something on the bottom/jet. It is a 76, so the gel is older, but still nice. Thanks for advice in advance.

v-drive
    I had the opportunity to listen to some oldtimers that had late 50's early 60's boats one evening. They swore that they could tell the difference in hull performance after their boats had been sitting for that long in the water.
    :coffeycup :coffeycup v-drive

JetBoatRich
    make sure teh auto bilge works, should be all good :wink:

which place?

dc96819
    Sometimes it rains really heavy.Lucky for me my i was out of the river and covered

Smokin Joe
    You will notice after sitting in the water for several hours a brown slime at the water line. My guess it is a mix of oil, dirt, beer, barf, and urine. Just have a good coat of wax prior and it will remove with a little elbow grease.
    joe

JetBoatRich
    You will notice after sitting in the water for several hours a brown slime at the water line. My guess it is a mix of oil, dirt, beer, barf, and urine. Just have a good coat of wax prior and it will remove with a little elbow grease.
    joe
    There is that problem as well :jawdrop: brownline around the boat

19Kona
    Lucky for me it was only me peeing in the river near my place last weekend. Not as ikky that way.
    What about silicone spray. Will that help keep things cleaner. I am 6 houses up from the river, not a direct view of the launch ramp, but my Spectra 20 has enough freeboard with the front end out for me to be ok with the wave action and a little rain.
    I am more worried about gel blisters. Don't have any, but don't want to bottom paint either. Will 7 days in the water do me in?

mirvin
    Just make sure all your screws and and bolts going through the transom are sealed up tight. If you leave a boat in the water that has a leak anywhere it has the potential to "sponge" up and yes, the boat will be heavier because the wood is soaking water.
    THe auto bilge is a must have. If you don't have one I wouldn't leave it in.
    mirvin

Mohavekid
    Gel blisters should not be a problem in that short a period of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast